Romford woman arrested after racist Tube rant caught on film
A Romford woman has been arrested after video footage apparently showing her racially abusing train passengers was posted on YouTube.
The alleged rant was filmed on a Central Line Tube train between St Paul’s and Mile End stations on January 23, British Transport Police said.
A 42-year-old was arrested on suspicion of racially aggravated common assault and a racially aggravated public order offence.
The woman is in police custody.
She was arrested after attending a police station in Essex, police said.
You may also want to watch:
Officers said they were notified about the video online on January 24.
- 1 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 2 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 3 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 4 Free holiday swimming sessions return for Havering schoolchildren
- 5 Man charged with multiple child exploitation offences to stand trial
- 6 West Ham legend Sir Trevor Brooking supports charity golf day
- 7 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 8 ‘It is our moral obligation’: Upminster school launches mental health team
- 9 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 10 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says