Romford woman arrested after racist Tube rant caught on film
A Romford woman has been arrested after video footage apparently showing her racially abusing train passengers was posted on YouTube.
The alleged rant was filmed on a Central Line Tube train between St Paul’s and Mile End stations on January 23, British Transport Police said.
A 42-year-old was arrested on suspicion of racially aggravated common assault and a racially aggravated public order offence.
The woman is in police custody.
She was arrested after attending a police station in Essex, police said.
You may also want to watch:
Officers said they were notified about the video online on January 24.
- 1 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 2 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 3 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 4 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 5 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 6 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 Can you help find missing teenager last seen in Hornchurch?
- 8 Captain Sam Roberts bids farewell and thanks Romford Junior Raiders
- 9 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 10 Police investigating 'unexplained' death in Collier Row