Romford want to beat weather
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO
Captain Barry eager for action
Romford captain Jack Barry is desperately hoping tonight’s Ryman Division One North match at Soham Town gets the go-ahead.
Boro were left kicking their heels at the weekend, when their home meeting with Needham Market fell victim to a waterlogged Ship Lane pitch.
And they are hoping to build on successive wins against Redbridge and Waltham Abbey last week.
A lunchtime inspection is planned in Cambridgeshire and Barry said: “Everyone was disappointed it was off (on Saturday), because we were full of confidence after the back-to-back victories we’ve had and to keep two clean sheets as well.
You may also want to watch:
“But you can’t do anything about the weather. It’s just a shame our pitch couldn’t cope with it, but we have to focus on Soham, who are in good form themselves after beating Thamesmead at home in their last game.
“All we can do is concentrate on how we have been playing and express ourselves on the pitch and keep working hard, like we have been doing.”
- 1 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 2 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 3 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
- 4 Havering's MPs mourn fatal stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 6 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 7 Women targeted in string of mobile phone thefts at Romford nightclub
- 8 Entry and exit wording on ground by Elm Park car park to be investigated
- 9 Mum fears gaping ceiling left by workers will 'collapse' on children
- 10 Romford's Jesy Nelson denies 'blackfishing' accusations