Romford seal Trophy win over Waltham Abbey
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGS Photo
Velocity Trophy: Romford 1 Waltham Abbey 0
An 87th minute strike from Timi Babalola sealed a 1-0 win for Romford over Waltham Abbey in the Velocity Trophy group stages.
Boro manager Paul Martin rotated his squad for the match with a number of new signings featuring including Babalola himself at the Brentwood Arena and it paid off as they picked their first win in the Trophy competition.
The boss will be pleased to have picked up the win and put their bad league form behind them.
Romford now host Barking in the Velocity Trophy on Wednesday evening as they look to build on that victory.
You may also want to watch:
Romford: Aldridge, Thandi, Woodward (Turk 66), Barlow (Little 28), Agboola, Cossington, Toussaint, Tranter (Laib 65), Babalola, Owusu (Nash 72), Tabora (Anastasios 57).
Waltham Abbey: Page, Daveney, Daniel (Yiagnigni 46), Twumasi, Bowen, Edwards, Gordon, Ungudi (Holland 58), Russell, Clark, Apppiah.
- 1 'Foul odour': Neighbours call for action over worsening sewage stench
- 2 Love Island star Kem Cetinay says Romford's Array to open 'in three weeks'
- 3 Home owner ordered to pay £4,726 to remove overflowing rubbish
- 4 Patient gets £12k in out-of-court settlement with Romford dental practice
- 5 Pupils equipped for 'medical emergencies' after winning first aid classes
- 6 Heritage: Tragedy at the Upminster sewage works
- 7 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower
- 8 People in hospital after Collier Row collision
- 9 Partner: Romford shooting verdict 'brushes police errors under the carpet'
- 10 Volunteer on using video skills to help hospice
Unused subs: Jackson, McKenzie, Koranteng.