Romford theatre student set to take to the stage for Dr Seuss musical
- Credit: Archant
A theatre school student who beat hundreds of hopefuls to win a role in a musical is set to take to the stage next Friday.
Mary Tyler Moore, 17, will perform as Gertrude McFuzz in Seussical, a musical based on the works of children’s author Dr Seuss.
A student at Stagecoach Romford, Mary will be part of a 76-strong cast drawn from the organisation’s branches, including young people from Spain, America and South Africa.
She said: “I was over the moon to win a role in Seussical. Everyone at Stagecoach is really talented, so it was a real honour to be picked.
“It’s a fantastic show to watch and even better to be part of.”
You may also want to watch:
The cast have been rehearsing every day at a training camp in Twickenham in the run-up to their performances at the Leatherhead Theatre in Surrey.
Mary said: “The rehearsals are going really well. They’re hard work but at the same time so much fun and I’ve made some really great friends.
- 1 Debenhams, Liberty Centre, to permanently close
- 2 Letters: Breaking bad news, boundary changes, lockdown and parking
- 3 De Rougemont Hotel plans to revert to being homes
- 4 Romford cancer patient describes impact of Covid pandemic on mental health
- 5 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 6 Havering Council looking for residents to become Covid marshals
- 7 Pub owner 'drilled through cables' weeks before boy was electrocuted, court told
- 8 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 9 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 10 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
“It’s been an incredible experience so far and I’m really looking forward to performing on stage with everyone.”
Lucinda Hart of Stagecoach said: “It’s been fantastic bringing together a wide range of international performers for the rehearsals.
“They’re working incredibly hard and I’m certain they will impress on opening night. The whole audition and training process will no doubt provide valuable experience for a future in the world of theatre.”
Seussical is on August 16 and 17, with a matinee and evening shows. Tickets are £17.50 adults and £15 concessions. To book, call 01372 365141 or see leatherhead-tickets.co.uk. For Stagecoach, visit stagecoach.co.uk/Romford or call 020 8556 5777.