Romford slimmer Tony Nash praised by Nell McAndrew after 9st weight loss
A Romford slimmer who lost more than 9st swapped fitness tips with former model Nell McAndrew when they met at a national slimming competition.
Tony Nash won a place in the finals of Slimming World’s Man of the Year 2012 contest.
He was congratulated on his success by Nell, former I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here star.
Tony, who goes to a group in Collier Row, dropped from 24st 4.5lb to 15st 3.5lb.
He said: “Most men would do anything to lose weight before going to a slimming club, they think it’s all a bit girly.
“But my mates soon changed their minds when they saw how much weight I was losing – and how much food I was eating.”
Nell said: “I’m so impressed by Tony and the hard work and dedication that saw him reach his weight loss goal.
- 1 Romford flooring company proposes disused shop as site for new three-storey building with six homes
- 2 Man dies after suffering gunshot injuries in Harold Hill
- 3 Ilford man charged with possession of knife after Romford nightclub search
- 4 'Extremely hard': Mum donates Isla Caton's toys in act of kindness so 'her legacy lives on'
- 5 Kem Cetinay: Love Island star offers ‘deepest condolences’ after fatal motorcycle collision
- 6 'Totally gutted’: Hornchurch nightclub owner vows to appeal after opening hours extension refused
- 7 Romford World Naked Bike Ride: How protest sits at the heart of the nude cycle
- 8 Motorcyclist dies after collision with car on Shepherds Hill
- 9 ‘It winds me up’: Cleanliness of Romford’s South Street slammed
- 10 Hornchurch police station: No movement on purchase plan as assurances sought about station's future
“He looks great and what he’s achieved is incredible – he’s not just an inspiration to the other slimmers in his group but to everyone.”