Romford slimmer Tony Nash praised by Nell McAndrew after 9st weight loss
A Romford slimmer who lost more than 9st swapped fitness tips with former model Nell McAndrew when they met at a national slimming competition.
Tony Nash won a place in the finals of Slimming World’s Man of the Year 2012 contest.
He was congratulated on his success by Nell, former I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here star.
Tony, who goes to a group in Collier Row, dropped from 24st 4.5lb to 15st 3.5lb.
He said: “Most men would do anything to lose weight before going to a slimming club, they think it’s all a bit girly.
You may also want to watch:
“But my mates soon changed their minds when they saw how much weight I was losing – and how much food I was eating.”
Nell said: “I’m so impressed by Tony and the hard work and dedication that saw him reach his weight loss goal.
- 1 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 2 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 3 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 4 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 5 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 6 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 8 Get clued up on road and train disruptions coming to the area
- 9 Can you help find missing teenager last seen in Hornchurch?
- 10 Pictures: Havering flash floods as clean-up gets under way
“He looks great and what he’s achieved is incredible – he’s not just an inspiration to the other slimmers in his group but to everyone.”