Romford slimmer Tony Nash praised by Nell McAndrew after 9st weight loss
A Romford slimmer who lost more than 9st swapped fitness tips with former model Nell McAndrew when they met at a national slimming competition.
Tony Nash won a place in the finals of Slimming World’s Man of the Year 2012 contest.
He was congratulated on his success by Nell, former I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here star.
Tony, who goes to a group in Collier Row, dropped from 24st 4.5lb to 15st 3.5lb.
He said: “Most men would do anything to lose weight before going to a slimming club, they think it’s all a bit girly.
You may also want to watch:
“But my mates soon changed their minds when they saw how much weight I was losing – and how much food I was eating.”
Nell said: “I’m so impressed by Tony and the hard work and dedication that saw him reach his weight loss goal.
- 1 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 2 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 3 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 4 Free holiday swimming sessions return for Havering schoolchildren
- 5 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 6 ‘It is our moral obligation’: Upminster school launches mental health team
- 7 Man charged with multiple child exploitation offences to stand trial
- 8 West Ham legend Sir Trevor Brooking supports charity golf day
- 9 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 10 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
“He looks great and what he’s achieved is incredible – he’s not just an inspiration to the other slimmers in his group but to everyone.”