Romford singer lands gong at Brits
A ROMFORD singer has been tipped for chart success in the New Year after scooping a gong at the prestigious Brit Awards.
Jessie Cornish, 22 aka Jessie J is set to pick up the Critics Choice Award at this year’s Brit Awards in February next year.
Speaking of her win, she told the Evening Standard: “This is epic.
“It has been a dream since I was a little girl to win a Brit.
“I can’t believe it has happened.”
You may also want to watch:
Other winners of the pretigious Critics’ Choice award have included Adele, Florence And The Machine and Ellie Goulding and it is expected to caterpult her into the world of fame.
The songwriter has been writing poetry since she was a child and had her first role on the stage with West End production Whistle Down The Winds.
- 1 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 2 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 3 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 4 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 5 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
- 6 Havering and Barking and Dagenham parents 'outraged' at poor quality free school meal replacements
- 7 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 8 Doctors and nurses 'exhausted' as hospitals reach breaking point
- 9 Charity boss hails response after 'army of volunteers' come forward to support vaccine centres
- 10 Pressure on to preserve Upminster trees as council receives almost 200 messages
But her first success came in 2003 when she recorded an 11 track demo at an Essex based studio propelling her into the final of a television talent show.
She has also penned tunes for the likes of Alicia Keyes, toured with Chris Brown and notably wrote Miley Cyrus’ number one billboard smash Party In The USA!
Earlier this year the singer was also given an extra boost when she was hailed as the best singer in the world by Justin Timberlake when they met in Los Angeles and then former Destiny’s Child singer Kelly Rowland also praised her after she saw her perform in the USA.
After the show seeing her perform, Kelly Rowland posted: “Jessie J was fantastic tonight!!
“Congrats Mama you smashed it.”
And this is all before her first single has been released.
Her debut single Do It Like A Dude is due to be released in January and the album is due out later in the year, but the video for the single has already been viewed by 4.6million viewers.