Romford singer lands gong at Brits
A ROMFORD singer has been tipped for chart success in the New Year after scooping a gong at the prestigious Brit Awards.
Jessie Cornish, 22 aka Jessie J is set to pick up the Critics Choice Award at this year’s Brit Awards in February next year.
Speaking of her win, she told the Evening Standard: “This is epic.
“It has been a dream since I was a little girl to win a Brit.
“I can’t believe it has happened.”
You may also want to watch:
Other winners of the pretigious Critics’ Choice award have included Adele, Florence And The Machine and Ellie Goulding and it is expected to caterpult her into the world of fame.
The songwriter has been writing poetry since she was a child and had her first role on the stage with West End production Whistle Down The Winds.
- 1 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 2 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 3 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 4 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 5 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 6 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 7 Romford ‘best in region’ chef shares his cooking tip and favourite dish
- 8 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 9 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens charged with murder to face court
- 10 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
But her first success came in 2003 when she recorded an 11 track demo at an Essex based studio propelling her into the final of a television talent show.
She has also penned tunes for the likes of Alicia Keyes, toured with Chris Brown and notably wrote Miley Cyrus’ number one billboard smash Party In The USA!
Earlier this year the singer was also given an extra boost when she was hailed as the best singer in the world by Justin Timberlake when they met in Los Angeles and then former Destiny’s Child singer Kelly Rowland also praised her after she saw her perform in the USA.
After the show seeing her perform, Kelly Rowland posted: “Jessie J was fantastic tonight!!
“Congrats Mama you smashed it.”
And this is all before her first single has been released.
Her debut single Do It Like A Dude is due to be released in January and the album is due out later in the year, but the video for the single has already been viewed by 4.6million viewers.