Romford seeking new manager
Online auction to be Boro boss for Boxing Day
Romford Football Club have launched an online auction to give fans the chance to be joint first-team manager for a day.
Supporters can bid to be the stand-in Boro boss for their Ryman One North clash against Grays at East Thurrock on Boxing Day, with real boss Paul Martin serving a two-match touchline ban.
The successful bidder will shadow Martin in the away changing room, during all pre-match preparations and have an exclusive place in the team dug-out throughout the game against high-flying Grays.
Martin will be on hand with advice to be passed on to the players and supporters who would like to participate in the auction can bid via the appropriate thread in our website forum at www.romfordfc.com.
You may also want to watch:
Management hopefuls can increase their bid as many times as they wish, as if attending a normal auction.
With the match being a 2pm kick-off, preparations start at 12.30pm prompt.
- 1 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 2 Free holiday swimming sessions return for Havering schoolchildren
- 3 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 4 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 5 Man charged with multiple child exploitation offences to stand trial
- 6 West Ham legend Sir Trevor Brooking supports charity golf day
- 7 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 8 ‘It is our moral obligation’: Upminster school launches mental health team
- 9 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 10 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
The person with the highest bid by the closing time of 3pm on Christmas Eve (December 24) will be deemed the winner and their contact details will be requested to be passed on to Martin for the necessary liaison arrangements to be made.
The money provided by the winner will be donated to club funds to help with the normal every day expenses of running a team at our level.