Romford schoolgirl, 6, creates online videos to educate other children during coronavirus pandemic
- Credit: The Liberty Shopping Centre
A Romford schoolgirl is hosting online activities to educate and entertain other children during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Tiana Williamson, six, a pupil at St Edward’s Primary School in Havering Drive, has been recording videos featuring storytelling, arts and crafts and baking lessons.
The videos are being published on The Liberty Shopping Centre’s Facebook page.
Tiana said: “I was missing my friends at school, so I wanted other children to be able to see another child.
“I thought they could see me and listen to my storytelling and activities and have fun trying them out.
You may also want to watch:
“I love reading and I hope that my stories and arts and crafts put a smile on other children’s faces.”
A centre spokesperson described the videos as an alternative to creative workshops held over school holidays in the centre’s main square, as well as a monthly kids club.
- 1 Letters: Breaking bad news, boundary changes, lockdown and parking
- 2 Debenhams, Liberty Centre, to permanently close
- 3 De Rougemont Hotel plans to revert to being homes
- 4 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 5 Romford cancer patient describes impact of Covid pandemic on mental health
- 6 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 7 British Gas engineers burn contracts at Havering Town Hall in defiance of 'sign or be fired'
- 8 Havering Council looking for residents to become Covid marshals
- 9 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 10 Sadly, this isn't a funny column