Romford’s winning youngsters pick up their prizes
Youngsters at Romford Town Swimming Club are celebrating after being presented with a cheque and being treated to a free slap up meal after winning a competition.
Seven students from the swimming club were presented with the cheque for �200 by Spur Steak and Grill Restaurant in Lakeside on Saturday March 5.
Fundraiser at Romford Town Swimming Club, Elizabeth Whiston said: “At the moment everything is so expensive so the money from Spurs is a real boost.”
As part of the prize, the youngsters were also given free Spur swimming towels and they were also able to tuck into a free Spur combo meal.
The swimming club, which has been running for 100 years, entered the competition for sponsorship last year which saw them writing a letter about the club.
You may also want to watch:
Earlier this month, the club found out that they had won the prize.
Elizabeth said: “We are really looking forward to it because they are talking about a long term sponsorship deal which would be really helpful.”
- 1 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 2 Best places to have a curry in Havering as chosen by readers
- 3 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 4 Daniel Laskos death: Court hearing for murder accused teens
- 5 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 6 Havering's Hospitality Heroes revealed: Which venues are crowned winners?
- 7 Charity opens development to help homeless into independent living
- 8 Sentencing of Harold Hill ATM robber is postponed
- 9 National Hospitality Day: Locals stuck by cafe through 'thick and thin'
- 10 Mum opens Romford juice van to offer healthy snacks and drinks for kids