Romford’s winning youngsters pick up their prizes
Youngsters at Romford Town Swimming Club are celebrating after being presented with a cheque and being treated to a free slap up meal after winning a competition.
Seven students from the swimming club were presented with the cheque for �200 by Spur Steak and Grill Restaurant in Lakeside on Saturday March 5.
Fundraiser at Romford Town Swimming Club, Elizabeth Whiston said: “At the moment everything is so expensive so the money from Spurs is a real boost.”
As part of the prize, the youngsters were also given free Spur swimming towels and they were also able to tuck into a free Spur combo meal.
The swimming club, which has been running for 100 years, entered the competition for sponsorship last year which saw them writing a letter about the club.
You may also want to watch:
Earlier this month, the club found out that they had won the prize.
Elizabeth said: “We are really looking forward to it because they are talking about a long term sponsorship deal which would be really helpful.”
- 1 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 2 One teenager dead in Harold Hill double stabbing
- 3 New venture for Hornchurch MasterChef hairdresser
- 4 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?
- 5 CCTV cameras to enforce new lorry ban through Rainham village
- 6 New rapid testing sites open in Romford and Upminster
- 7 'Beyond annoying' - New traffic measure coming to Hornchurch junction
- 8 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 9 UKIP vote from 2016 'significant' to Tory win in Havering and Redbridge
- 10 Three-year-old raises £10,000 with challenge inspired by Captain Tom