Romford’s Poppy Appeal to launch next week
The Romford branch of the Royal British Legion will be launching its Poppy Appeal next week.
Standard bearers from the Royal British Legion are set to join Mayor of Havering, Cllr Lynden Thorpe at the Mercury Mall in Romford on Wednesday October 31 at 10.45am.
Other attendees will also include Romford MP Andrew Rosindell and Upminster and Hornchurch MP Angela Watkinson.
Deputy manager of Mercury Mall, Sarah de Courcy Rolls said: “It is very important that we continue to remember those who selflessly gave their lives fighting for their country.
“It is not just about the ones who are lost, it is also about those who are damaged or lose a limb and need a lifetime of support and regrettably, we are still hearing about this on news bulletins today.”
You may also want to watch:
Last year more than �82,000 was raised from the appeal.
The Romford branch of the Royal British Legion is also appealing for volunteers to help to sell the poppies.
- 1 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 2 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 3 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 4 Brentwood deaths: Teen charged with double murder to appear in court
- 5 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
- 6 Men questioned and 200 hours of CCTV seized after boys killed in Brentwood
- 7 End 8am scramble to secure GP appointments, watchdog warns
- 8 Post delays reported in Harold Hill as Royal Mail confirms staff shortages
- 9 Eight arrested on suspicion of murder following death of two teens
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
Anyone interested should contact Pam Morris on 07715658379