Romford’s Poppy Appeal to launch next week
The Romford branch of the Royal British Legion will be launching its Poppy Appeal next week.
Standard bearers from the Royal British Legion are set to join Mayor of Havering, Cllr Lynden Thorpe at the Mercury Mall in Romford on Wednesday October 31 at 10.45am.
Other attendees will also include Romford MP Andrew Rosindell and Upminster and Hornchurch MP Angela Watkinson.
Deputy manager of Mercury Mall, Sarah de Courcy Rolls said: “It is very important that we continue to remember those who selflessly gave their lives fighting for their country.
“It is not just about the ones who are lost, it is also about those who are damaged or lose a limb and need a lifetime of support and regrettably, we are still hearing about this on news bulletins today.”
You may also want to watch:
Last year more than �82,000 was raised from the appeal.
The Romford branch of the Royal British Legion is also appealing for volunteers to help to sell the poppies.
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 3 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 4 Case for release of Gallows Corner upgrade funds is in pipeline, TfL says
- 5 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for east London
- 6 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 7 120-home development on Harold Hill college site approved
- 8 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
- 9 Romford drama students to feature alongside celebrities in new WW2 film
- 10 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
Anyone interested should contact Pam Morris on 07715658379