Romford’s Mercury Mall offering free reusable shopping bags in exchange for plastic bottles
There’s still time to pick up a recycled, reusable shopping bag through a special environmental scheme at Romford’s Mercury Mall.
October is the shopping centre’s “bottle month”, during which eco-friendly customers with a Mercury loyalty card can swap empty plastic bottles for the special bags.
Every three bottles handed in at the help desk on level two will be exchanged for a Mercury Mall shopping bag, while stocks last.
The bottles will then be recycled into more shopping bags.
“We anticipate that this offer will be very popular with our eco-minded shoppers,” said deputy centre manager Sarah de Courcy Rolls.
You may also want to watch:
“We are keen that as many plastics bottles can be collected in as possible.”
Shoppers who aren’t members of the loyalty club can sign up at the help desk.
- 1 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 2 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 3 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 4 Family 'sleeps with one ear open' after repeated flooding in heavy rain
- 5 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 6 Disruptions to watch out for in and around Havering next week
- 7 Still no progress on plans for new health hub at St George's Hospital site
- 8 'I don't feel safe': Mother who uses wheelchair calls for suitable home
- 9 Consultations open on rolling out school streets to 12 new sites
- 10 Fire and highwaymen: The history of Hornchurch's old archway