Romford’s Ishmail breaks duck
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO
Ryman Div 1N; Waltham Abbey 0 Romford 2
Romford defender James Ishmail netted his first goal for the club in their win at Capershotts last night.
Ishmail headed home a cross from Tyler Christian-Law on 70 minutes to break his duck on his 95th appearance in Boro colours.
And Kurt Smith’s injury-time strike sealed back-to-back wins for Paul Martin’s men, following their 5-0 success at lowly Redbridge on Saturday.
Defences dominated in the first half, with Atu Ngoy saving comfortably from James Peagram.
You may also want to watch:
Opposite number Jake Whincup denied Smith after he had beaten the offside trap, while Tom Richardson shot tamely at the keeper under pressure.
Boro sprang to life just before the hour, when Jeffery Campbell broke on the right and crossed for Jamie Dicks, who sliced wide.
- 1 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 2 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 3 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 4 Family 'sleeps with one ear open' after repeated flooding in heavy rain
- 5 Still no progress on plans for new health hub at St George's Hospital site
- 6 Fire and highwaymen: The history of Hornchurch's old archway
- 7 'I don't feel safe': Mother who uses wheelchair calls for suitable home
- 8 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 9 New social housing allocation system for Havering approved
- 10 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
Christian-Law’s curling effort was deflected just wide soon after and Smith fired over before Richardson saw an attempt tipped onto a post.
Romford kept pushing, though, and got their reward when Christian-Law got two chances to cross and picked out Ishmail to break the deadlock.
James Peagram flashed an effort wide for Abbey, while Kieran Ogunkoya fired a shot on the turn straight at Ngoy.
And Boro banked the points when Whincup picked up a backpass and Richardson teed up Smith to fire home from eight yards.
Romford: Ngoy, Ottley, Oates, Barry, Ishmail, Dicks, English (Francis 62, Blessing 90), Christian-Law, Campbell, Richardson, Smith.