Romford’s Get into Fashion model search: meet the finalists
More than 200 model hopefuls were whittled down to 27 during recent catwalk casting sessions at The Mercury Mall Romford.
Judges picked their favourites as men and women and boys and girls strutted their stuff for the Get into Fashion model competition in association with the Recorder, on Sunday October 14.
“The castings were set up to choose the final 27 models across five categories, but we thought we should give everyone an insight into the world of modelling,” said Sarah De Courcy Rolls, deputy centre manager at The Mercury Mall. “The models were given the chance to walk, individually and in pairs, and to pose for the camera.”
The finalists from six categories (Ages four to six; seven to ten; 11 to 15; 16 to 29; 30 years and over; as well as plus size) will now go head-to-head at fashion shows on Saturday and Sunday (October 27 and 28).
The winners will be announced after the 3pm show on Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
The 204 were chosen by the public and judges from 400 who entered the competition during three scouting days.
Judging was done by reps from The Mercury Mall, Truly Scrumptious Child Model and Sandra Reynolds Model agencies and former boys’ winner Baxter Willoughby.
- 1 'He was petrified': Rainham mother calls for more action on bullying
- 2 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 3 'For my kids': Mother vows to keep fighting over council flat mould
- 4 Harold Wood walkers ‘frustrated’ as ‘beyond repair’ bridge is closed
- 5 Covid stats show cases rising across east London boroughs
- 6 Pooches delight as new dog-friendly playground opens at Collier Row pub
- 7 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 8 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 9 'Darkest days of my life': Six-year-old diagnosed with rare condition suffers OCD, anxiety and depressive symptoms
- 10 Reward offered to help find iconic Noak Hill Laurel and Hardy statues
Sarah added: “The contestants were extremely cheerful, demonstrating an enthusiasm and support for their rivals and none of the diva-like behaviour demonstrated by some famous modelling names.”
One male or female contestant from across all the adult categories will win a test photoshoot from Sandra Reynolds Model Agency.
For the four to 15 age categories, one boy or girl will be awarded a year’s model placement by Truly Scrumptious Child Model Agency.
Each winner will receive a share of �700 of vouchers to spend in-store at the Mercury Mall.
Len Dance photography, based in Leigh on Sea, will be awarding each winner a photography package worth �800.