Romford’s Get into Fashion model search: meet the finalists
More than 200 model hopefuls were whittled down to 27 during recent catwalk casting sessions at The Mercury Mall Romford.
Judges picked their favourites as men and women and boys and girls strutted their stuff for the Get into Fashion model competition in association with the Recorder, on Sunday October 14.
“The castings were set up to choose the final 27 models across five categories, but we thought we should give everyone an insight into the world of modelling,” said Sarah De Courcy Rolls, deputy centre manager at The Mercury Mall. “The models were given the chance to walk, individually and in pairs, and to pose for the camera.”
The finalists from six categories (Ages four to six; seven to ten; 11 to 15; 16 to 29; 30 years and over; as well as plus size) will now go head-to-head at fashion shows on Saturday and Sunday (October 27 and 28).
The winners will be announced after the 3pm show on Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
The 204 were chosen by the public and judges from 400 who entered the competition during three scouting days.
Judging was done by reps from The Mercury Mall, Truly Scrumptious Child Model and Sandra Reynolds Model agencies and former boys’ winner Baxter Willoughby.
- 1 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 2 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
- 3 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 4 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 5 Men questioned and 200 hours of CCTV seized after boys killed in Brentwood
- 6 Eight arrested on suspicion of murder following death of two teens
- 7 Cladding scandal: Homeowners ‘stuck’ as service charges rise
- 8 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 9 Detectives appeal for witnesses to Upminster crash involving 'stolen' van
- 10 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
Sarah added: “The contestants were extremely cheerful, demonstrating an enthusiasm and support for their rivals and none of the diva-like behaviour demonstrated by some famous modelling names.”
One male or female contestant from across all the adult categories will win a test photoshoot from Sandra Reynolds Model Agency.
For the four to 15 age categories, one boy or girl will be awarded a year’s model placement by Truly Scrumptious Child Model Agency.
Each winner will receive a share of �700 of vouchers to spend in-store at the Mercury Mall.
Len Dance photography, based in Leigh on Sea, will be awarding each winner a photography package worth �800.