Romford’s Diane White’s �1400 gift to children’s charity
A ROMFORD clairvoyant has raised more than �1400 for children suffering from brain tumours from one of her shows.
Diane White from Collier Row, Romford presented the funds to charity Clowns In The Sky on Monday December 13 at the Romford United And Social Club, Romford.
Diane said: “We are so happy that we have raised this amount of money for such a good cause.
“We thought that we would only make about �800 so to get so much is just overwhelming.”
The cash was raised from one of Diane’s clairvoyant shows on the same day which saw audiences digging in their pockets to donate the funds and a raffle taking place.
You may also want to watch:
All of the money raised from the event will go the charity where it will be used to offer support to children in Havering and across the country who suffer from brain tumours.
Diane said: “The evening was a complete sell out.
- 1 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 2 Mum-of-two's long-term home 'nightmare' amid housing crisis
- 3 Jailed: Dagenham car burglar after 100mph pursuit in Romford
- 4 Romford student receives Amazon bursary for women studying computer science
- 5 Met officers used 'excessive force' during Romford fight
- 6 Seventh person arrested in connection with fatal stabbing in Harold Wood
- 7 Sensory room in Harold Hill school gets new mural
- 8 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 9 New care unit for over 75s opens at Queen's Hospital in Romford
- 10 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
“The generousity of the public was overwhelming with people walking in laden with gifts for the raffle.
“Thank you for everyone for making the evening such a success.”
Fundraising and Volunteering Development Offficer from Clowns In The Sky, Donna Byrne said: “A huge thank you to Diane and the team for all their hard work and enthusiasm, and all the special people who came from far and wide to the evening.
“The whole event was a success and the amount raised exceeded our expectations.”