Romford rocked, Hornchurch hopes hit
Tilbury 3 Romford 3; Hendon 2 Hornchurch 1
Romford threw away a three-goal lead to end up with just a single Ryman One North point at Tilbury last night.
Matt Toms gave Boro the perfect start in the fifth minute and Alex Read struck either side of the break, the second after a fine run by Kurt Smith, to put them 3-0 up.
But Tilbury replied soon after and Ben Bradbury netted twice in the last three minutes to salvage something for Dockers.
The equalising goal came from the spot after Tilbury keeper James Marrable had joined the attack and been fouled in the box.
You may also want to watch:
But Romford remain firmly in the hunt for a play-off place in eighth, three points behind Sudbury with two games in hand.
Hornchurch saw their Premier Division hopes hit as they slipped to a 2-1 defeat at lowly Hendon, who celebrated a first win in nine attempts.
- 1 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 2 Town centre app launches to entice shoppers to Romford
- 3 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 4 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 5 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 6 Romford Tesco Extra plants trees to offset car emissions
- 7 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 8 Serial child sex offender jailed after found with 14,000 indecent images
- 9 Why Romford MP is allowed to keep names of donors secret
- 10 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
Greg Ngoyi gave the Greens the lead just before half-time, but Urchins deservedly drew level through Martin Tuohy with 16 minutes remaining.
Jimmy McFarlane’s men dominated in the closing stages, but Ngoyi struck against the run of play to seal the points for Hendon.
Defeat saw Urchins drop to ninth, but they remain only a point off a play-off place with seven games remaining.