Leaders claim late goals in 2-0 win
Romford saw their 12-match unbeaten run in Ryman One North ended by leaders East Thurrock last night.
Late goals from Kye Ruel and Max Cornhill led Rocks to a 2-0 success at Mill Field as Boro suffered only their second league defeat of the campaign.
Danny Rafis had a first-half header ruled out for offside, but Boro needed his brother, goalie Adam, to make several fine saves to keep the scoreline blank.
As the temperature plummeted the home side looked set to claim a hard-earned point, but Ruel broke out to broke the deadlock in the 77th minute and Cornhill headed in the second from a right-wing corner three minutes later to seal the points.
You may also want to watch:
Boro are set to visit Enfield Town on Saturday, but weather forecasts suggest the UK will be hit by another arctic blast which could have serious ramifications for local sport at the weekend.
- 1 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 2 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 3 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 4 Family 'sleeps with one ear open' after repeated flooding in heavy rain
- 5 Still no progress on plans for new health hub at St George's Hospital site
- 6 Fire and highwaymen: The history of Hornchurch's old archway
- 7 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 8 New social housing allocation system for Havering approved
- 9 'I don't feel safe': Mother who uses wheelchair calls for suitable home
- 10 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority