Leaders claim late goals in 2-0 win
Romford saw their 12-match unbeaten run in Ryman One North ended by leaders East Thurrock last night.
Late goals from Kye Ruel and Max Cornhill led Rocks to a 2-0 success at Mill Field as Boro suffered only their second league defeat of the campaign.
Danny Rafis had a first-half header ruled out for offside, but Boro needed his brother, goalie Adam, to make several fine saves to keep the scoreline blank.
As the temperature plummeted the home side looked set to claim a hard-earned point, but Ruel broke out to broke the deadlock in the 77th minute and Cornhill headed in the second from a right-wing corner three minutes later to seal the points.
You may also want to watch:
Boro are set to visit Enfield Town on Saturday, but weather forecasts suggest the UK will be hit by another arctic blast which could have serious ramifications for local sport at the weekend.
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 3 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 4 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Severe flooding in Havering and Dagenham as "tornado" hits Barking
- 6 Romford drama students to feature alongside celebrities in new WW2 film
- 7 Primary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 9 Get clued up on road and train disruptions coming to the area
- 10 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend