Romford reveal secret of success
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO
Martin: We can’t afford to train
Romford boss Paul Martin has revealed the reason for his side’s impressive run of form — not training!
According to the Boro boss they haven’t trained in over two months due to finances but results on the pitch haven’t been affected.
They moved up to ninth with a 2-1 win over Tilbury on Wednesday, their third straight success on Wednesday, after an 88th-minute winner from substitute George Woodward.
And Martin said: “It’s two months since we had a training session, basically because we can’t afford to train.
You may also want to watch:
“Maybe that’s benefitted us as the boys are fresher for the games but the ones it has affected are players coming back from injuries.
“They need the training to help get back to fitness, but with some they just have to get that time off the bench.”
- 1 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 2 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 3 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 4 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 5 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 6 ‘It is our moral obligation’: Upminster school launches mental health team
- 7 Kem Cetinay’s Array restaurant to host Halloween 'ball'
- 8 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 9 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 10 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
Boro are due to visit Potters Bar tomorrow (Saturday) and Martin is hoping they can add to their 53-point haul as they look to cement a place in the top 10.
He added: “It’s weird how it’s worked with our form, but it is just one of those things.
“A couple of months ago we looked like we couldn’t buy a win, but the way we are playing now we could eclipse last season’s points tally.”