Romford return with a win
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO
Cheshunt 2 Romford 3
Romford returned to action after a 17-day break to claim the points in Hertfordshire last night.
Boro had not played since their 4-1 win over Ware on January 12, due to a succession of postponements in Ryman Division One North.
But Paul Martin’s men showed little signs of rustiness as they raced into a 2-0 lead.
Lewis Francis opened the scoring from the penalty spot and defender Matt Toms doubled Boro’s advantage by the quarter-hour mark.
You may also want to watch:
But Cheshunt hit back with two goals in four minutes through Corey Whitely and Joe Clemo to draw level before the break.
Romford regained the lead eight minutes after the restart through Kurt Smith, who netted for the second time since returning to the club from Premier Division side East Thurrock.
- 1 Ex-councillor ordered to undo unauthorised green belt building works
- 2 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 3 Harold Hill neighbours still feeling effects of freak flooding
- 4 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 5 Covid-19: Latest figures show almost 31,000 positive cases in Havering
- 6 'I'm terrified': Woman calls on council to move her to new accommodation
- 7 Romford woman arrested on suspicion of illegal money lending
- 8 Complaint over elderly woman facing homelessness among those ombudsman upheld in 2020/21
- 9 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 10 Top activities in Romford this summer according to Tripadvisor
And the visitors held on for victory, climbing to 10th place in the table, and a notable boost going into their clash with former landlords Aveley at Mill Field on Friday night.