Romford return with a win
- Credit: Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO
Cheshunt 2 Romford 3
Romford returned to action after a 17-day break to claim the points in Hertfordshire last night.
Boro had not played since their 4-1 win over Ware on January 12, due to a succession of postponements in Ryman Division One North.
But Paul Martin’s men showed little signs of rustiness as they raced into a 2-0 lead.
Lewis Francis opened the scoring from the penalty spot and defender Matt Toms doubled Boro’s advantage by the quarter-hour mark.
But Cheshunt hit back with two goals in four minutes through Corey Whitely and Joe Clemo to draw level before the break.
Romford regained the lead eight minutes after the restart through Kurt Smith, who netted for the second time since returning to the club from Premier Division side East Thurrock.
- 1 Travel disruptions to look out for this week across east London
- 2 Twelve Havering properties sold for more than £1m in October
- 3 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 4 Heritage: How Gallows Corner got its sinister name
- 5 How The Apprentice's Thomas Skinner pivoted his business to weather Covid
- 6 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 7 Covid survivor, 16, urges people to get jabbed after months in hospital
- 8 Free parking to 'boost Havering's high streets' for Christmas season
- 9 Hanukkah 2021: Five ways to celebrate in east London
- 10 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
And the visitors held on for victory, climbing to 10th place in the table, and a notable boost going into their clash with former landlords Aveley at Mill Field on Friday night.