Romford return to winning ways
Toms header seals points
Romford returned to winning ways with an excellent victory over Ryman Division One North high-flyers Aveley at Ship Lane.
Boro had failed to score in their previous three league matches, following a goalless draw at Waltham Forest with home defeats against leaders Maldon (3-0) and Heybridge (5-0).
They were knocked out of the Essex Senior Cup by Barking after a penalty shoot-out in midweek and found themselves behind after only nine minutes as former striker Petrit Elbi put the Millers ahead.
Billy Hunt got Romford back on level terms with his first goal for the club, though, and Matt Toms headed home an 81st minute winner to seal all three points for Paul Martin’s men.
You may also want to watch:
Hornchurch returned home empty-handed from their long trip to Weston-super-Mare in Conference South.
Urchins travelled in good spirits, following away wins at Hayes and Canvey over the previous week.
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 3 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 4 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Romford drama students to feature alongside celebrities in new WW2 film
- 6 Severe flooding in Havering and Dagenham as "tornado" hits Barking
- 7 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 8 Primary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 9 Havering residents warned of weed which can cause ‘severe blistering’
- 10 Harold Wood protest against proposed Gallows Corner homes
But a lone goal from Brett Trowbridge, four minutes before half-time, earned the Seasiders a win which lifted them to seventh and left Jimmy McFarlane’s men fifth from bottom with a tough festive period on the horizon.