Romford return to winning ways
Toms header seals points
Romford returned to winning ways with an excellent victory over Ryman Division One North high-flyers Aveley at Ship Lane.
Boro had failed to score in their previous three league matches, following a goalless draw at Waltham Forest with home defeats against leaders Maldon (3-0) and Heybridge (5-0).
They were knocked out of the Essex Senior Cup by Barking after a penalty shoot-out in midweek and found themselves behind after only nine minutes as former striker Petrit Elbi put the Millers ahead.
Billy Hunt got Romford back on level terms with his first goal for the club, though, and Matt Toms headed home an 81st minute winner to seal all three points for Paul Martin’s men.
You may also want to watch:
Hornchurch returned home empty-handed from their long trip to Weston-super-Mare in Conference South.
Urchins travelled in good spirits, following away wins at Hayes and Canvey over the previous week.
- 1 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 2 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 3 Brentwood deaths: Teen charged with double murder to appear in court
- 4 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 5 East London police officer charged with rape
- 6 End 8am scramble to secure GP appointments, watchdog warns
- 7 ATMs to be reinstalled in shopping mall in 'more prominent location'
- 8 Brentwood Halloween event cancelled following tragic deaths
- 9 Post delays reported in Harold Hill as Royal Mail confirms staff shortages
- 10 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
But a lone goal from Brett Trowbridge, four minutes before half-time, earned the Seasiders a win which lifted them to seventh and left Jimmy McFarlane’s men fifth from bottom with a tough festive period on the horizon.