Romford return to league ‘reality’
Boro boss ready for bogey team
Romford’s FA Trophy heroes return to Ryman One North action with a trip to Waltham Abbey tomorrow.
And Boro visit East Thurrock on Tuesday as they look to maintain their impressive league form.
They slipped from third to sixth, while securing a 3-1 win at AFC Totton to earn a Trophy trip to Boreham Wood, but are firmly in the play-off hunt.
Manager Paul Martin said: “We’ve got to take points from games before Boreham Wood and we’re strong and big enough. We’re stronger than last year.”
You may also want to watch:
Boro bowed out of the Essex Senior Cup in midweek, but Martin fielded ‘almost a reserve team’ and added: “The unbeaten streak is still going as far as I’m concerned. I’m only interested in the league and Trophy.
“Waltham Abbey have always been a bit of a bogey team for Romford and it will be very physical and tough.
- 1 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 2 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 3 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 4 'A tax on relationships': Politicians criticise boundary charge proposal
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 7 Harvey, 7, died after electric shock 'flowed through his body', court hears
- 8 British Gas engineers burn contracts at Havering Town Hall in defiance of 'sign or be fired'
- 9 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 10 De Rougemont Hotel plans to revert to being homes
“East Thurrock will be even harder, but there’s never an easy game now. We’ve got to get our players in the right mood, but we’ve got no fear.
“It’s a very happy camp at the moment. The boys who were left out on Tuesday were all texting to wish the others the best.
“We’ve got the confidence in the squad and are too strong to react badly and get beaten four or five on the spin.
“We believe we can got and get a result at Boreham Wood, but it’s back to reality with the league first.”