Romford restaurant wins top award
AN Indian restaurant has picked up a top accolade at this year’s Spice Times Restaurant Awards.
Bekash Tandoori in Victoria Road, Romford, was named as one of the Best Restaurants in the South East at a ceremony at The City Pavilion in Whalebone Lane, Romford, on Sunday.
Owner of Bekash Tandoori, Solly Ahmed said: “I would like to dedicate this award to our customers and thank all of them who voted for us.”
The Romford restaurant was one of 20 takeaways in the South East to win the title.
The ceremony included more than 1,000 guests, including Romford MP Andrew Rosindell and Shadow Education Minister Sharon Hodgson.
You may also want to watch:
The event also saw entertainment from Signature, who found fame in ITV programme Britain’s Got Talent, and the award-winning Flex FX Dance Troupe.
Chairman of Spice Times, Moinul Hussain, said: “It was a fantastic event and a great evening. The feedback that we have received from the public is superb.
- 1 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 2 Police investigating 'unexplained' death in Collier Row
- 3 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 4 Reward offered to help find iconic Noak Hill Laurel and Hardy statues
- 5 Can you help find missing teenager last seen in Hornchurch?
- 6 Captain Sam Roberts bids farewell and thanks Romford Junior Raiders
- 7 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 8 Men fined following New Year's Eve rave in Brentwood
- 9 'My girls aren't sleeping': Harold Hill family searching for Pog the dog
- 10 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
“I’ve spoken to numerous restaurant owners and they are now referring to the awards as the number one South Asian catering awards in the UK.”
The award ceremony now its 12th year, is run by Business-to-Business magazine Spice Times, and sees members of the public voting for their favourite restaurants.