Romford restaurant wins top award
AN Indian restaurant has picked up a top accolade at this year’s Spice Times Restaurant Awards.
Bekash Tandoori in Victoria Road, Romford, was named as one of the Best Restaurants in the South East at a ceremony at The City Pavilion in Whalebone Lane, Romford, on Sunday.
Owner of Bekash Tandoori, Solly Ahmed said: “I would like to dedicate this award to our customers and thank all of them who voted for us.”
The Romford restaurant was one of 20 takeaways in the South East to win the title.
The ceremony included more than 1,000 guests, including Romford MP Andrew Rosindell and Shadow Education Minister Sharon Hodgson.
You may also want to watch:
The event also saw entertainment from Signature, who found fame in ITV programme Britain’s Got Talent, and the award-winning Flex FX Dance Troupe.
Chairman of Spice Times, Moinul Hussain, said: “It was a fantastic event and a great evening. The feedback that we have received from the public is superb.
- 1 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 2 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 3 New social housing allocation system for Havering approved
- 4 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 5 'I don't feel safe': Mother who uses wheelchair calls for suitable home
- 6 Fire and highwaymen: The history of Hornchurch's old archway
- 7 Sewage floods home of family with one-day-old newborn after heavy rain
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 10 Drains in area repeatedly flooded to be next inspected during bad weather
“I’ve spoken to numerous restaurant owners and they are now referring to the awards as the number one South Asian catering awards in the UK.”
The award ceremony now its 12th year, is run by Business-to-Business magazine Spice Times, and sees members of the public voting for their favourite restaurants.