Romford relish Totton test
In-form Boro seek Trophy boost
In-form Romford head down to Hampshire to take on AFC Totton in their FA Trophy tie on a high.
Wins over Ware and Grays lifted Boro up to third in Ryman One North this week, giving them renewed confidence to face the Southern League outfit.
Manager Paul Martin said: “Grays are another good side we’ve taken three points off and we’ve got to look at taking it on.
“It’s nice. People will look at us now and think we’re a force. No-one will underestimate us now.”
You may also want to watch:
Martin admits he doesn’t know what to expect from tomorrow’s opponents, but a quick glimpse at the league table shows them flying high in their division, averaging three goals per game.
“We’re going in blind [to Totton]. We haven’t seen them play – it’s not exactly around the corner is it?” added Martin.
- 1 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 2 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 3 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 4 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 5 Disruptions to watch out for in and around Havering next week
- 6 New social housing allocation system for Havering approved
- 7 Still no progress on plans for new health hub at St George's Hospital site
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Family 'sleeps with one ear open' after repeated flooding in heavy rain
- 10 Consultations open on rolling out school streets to 12 new sites
“Chris Barry and Alex Read are cup-tied and Andy Edmunds is unavailable so there will be a few changes, but hopefully we’ve got a squad deep enough to ride through it and get the three grand.”
Romford’s climb up the table has been founded on a stingy defence which has registered four successive clean sheets and seven in all this season.
Martin added: “Where we don’t pay players, they’re a good bunch who play for each other.
“There’s a good buzz and good atmosphere in the camp and that’s how you get results sometimes.
“We’re doing it right at the moment, but I’m not getting carried away.”