Romford relish Totton test
In-form Boro seek Trophy boost
In-form Romford head down to Hampshire to take on AFC Totton in their FA Trophy tie on a high.
Wins over Ware and Grays lifted Boro up to third in Ryman One North this week, giving them renewed confidence to face the Southern League outfit.
Manager Paul Martin said: “Grays are another good side we’ve taken three points off and we’ve got to look at taking it on.
“It’s nice. People will look at us now and think we’re a force. No-one will underestimate us now.”
You may also want to watch:
Martin admits he doesn’t know what to expect from tomorrow’s opponents, but a quick glimpse at the league table shows them flying high in their division, averaging three goals per game.
“We’re going in blind [to Totton]. We haven’t seen them play – it’s not exactly around the corner is it?” added Martin.
- 1 Deputy head: School's teachers have gone 'above and beyond' during Covid pandemic
- 2 Havering households to be asked to participate in census
- 3 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 4 Christmas Day babies to spend their first few weeks in lockdown
- 5 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week
- 6 Illegal car meet in Rainham sees 49 fined for Covid breaches
- 7 DAB radios donated to Queen's Hospital for those too weak to hold a phone
- 8 Romford MP hails charity's 'extraordinary' work during Covid pandemic
- 9 BHRUT thanks families of NHS workers who are keeping service afloat
- 10 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
“Chris Barry and Alex Read are cup-tied and Andy Edmunds is unavailable so there will be a few changes, but hopefully we’ve got a squad deep enough to ride through it and get the three grand.”
Romford’s climb up the table has been founded on a stingy defence which has registered four successive clean sheets and seven in all this season.
Martin added: “Where we don’t pay players, they’re a good bunch who play for each other.
“There’s a good buzz and good atmosphere in the camp and that’s how you get results sometimes.
“We’re doing it right at the moment, but I’m not getting carried away.”