Romford Recorder and Uppercut Hair Group’s makeover competition - winners’ pictures
- Credit: Archant
Three lucky readers kicked off 2013 in style with a free makeover thanks to the Recorder and Uppercut Hair Group.
Philomena Fallon, Hilda Tisbury and Dawn D’arcy bagged a cut, colour and style from the Uppercut salon in Market Place, Romford, after answering a question in the Romford Recorder last month.
Mrs Tisbury, of Church Road, Noak Hill, was given a complete change of colour and a new style.
“It’s very nice,” she said. “I always have short hair but they’ve done it a bit shorter than normal. They were very good.”
Ms Fallon, of Bridgewater Road, Harold Hill, said it was nice to be fussed over.
You may also want to watch:
“We all need a bit of pampering sometimes,” she said. “I’ve never had it this short before but it’s more trendy and everybody likes it.
“I’ll keep it this way because it’s quite easy to handle.”
- 1 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 2 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 3 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 4 Family 'sleeps with one ear open' after repeated flooding in heavy rain
- 5 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 6 Disruptions to watch out for in and around Havering next week
- 7 Still no progress on plans for new health hub at St George's Hospital site
- 8 'I don't feel safe': Mother who uses wheelchair calls for suitable home
- 9 Fire and highwaymen: The history of Hornchurch's old archway
- 10 Consultations open on rolling out school streets to 12 new sites
And stylists Hayley Gibbinson and Emily Harte, along with manager Lauren Paton, gave Ms D’arcy, of Berkeley Close, Hornchurch, a cut, colour and curl to create a lighter, more flowing look.
Now it’s your turn to win something. Look at the “before and after” photos in tomorrow’s Romford Recorder, pick your favourite of the three finalists and send her name, along with your name and contact details, to Uppercut Comp, Media House, 539 High Road, Ilford IG1 1UD.
The finalist with the most votes will win £100 of Uppercut vouchers.
And everyone who votes will be entered into a competition to win a makeover of their own.