Romford rebound with win, Hornchurch held
Mixed fortunes for duo
Romford bounced back from their FA Trophy disappointment to beat Great Wakering 3-0 last night.
Boro, beaten 3-0 at Boreham Wood on Saturday, saw Paul Kavanagh net twice from the spot, while Dan Trenkel blazed a penalty over for Rovers.
Alex Read was also on target, with his eighth goal in six games, to help lift Paul Martin’s men back up to fifth in Ryman Division One North.
Hornchurch extended their unbeaten run to 10 games, but had to settle for a 2-2 draw against Tooting in the Premier Division.
Urchins fell behind in the first half, but two goals in the space of three minutes turned the match on its head.
Jonathan Hunt levelled from the penalty spot on the hour and Lewis Smith quickly put Hornchurch 2-1 up.
- 1 Rainham cannabis factory worth over £1m busted in drugs raid
- 2 School submits plans to demolish sports hall and build multi-million pound replacement
- 3 'I feel ignored': Mum of three speaks out about bid to escape cramped housing
- 4 'Abused, slapped and spat at': New Romford shopping centre tells of racist abuse suffered by staff
- 5 Twelve Havering properties sold for more than £1m in October
- 6 Child 'in collision with car' in Rainham
- 7 Man saved from Romford house fire
- 8 Two vehicles involved in early morning crash at Romford junction
- 9 Building to begin on more than 80 homes in second phase of development
- 10 Romford travel company win hat-trick of awards after 'challenging' year
But their joy was shortlived as Tooting hit back for a point in the 69th minute and a late red card for the visitors could not stop them holding on.