Romford rebound with win, Hornchurch held
Mixed fortunes for duo
Romford bounced back from their FA Trophy disappointment to beat Great Wakering 3-0 last night.
Boro, beaten 3-0 at Boreham Wood on Saturday, saw Paul Kavanagh net twice from the spot, while Dan Trenkel blazed a penalty over for Rovers.
Alex Read was also on target, with his eighth goal in six games, to help lift Paul Martin’s men back up to fifth in Ryman Division One North.
Hornchurch extended their unbeaten run to 10 games, but had to settle for a 2-2 draw against Tooting in the Premier Division.
You may also want to watch:
Urchins fell behind in the first half, but two goals in the space of three minutes turned the match on its head.
Jonathan Hunt levelled from the penalty spot on the hour and Lewis Smith quickly put Hornchurch 2-1 up.
- 1 Watch police break up 20-person Hornchurch baby shower
- 2 Can you help find Ricky Wellington, last seen on January 22 in Hornchurch?
- 3 Leaked council email casts doubt over Brookside theatre's future
- 4 De Rougemont Hotel plans to revert to being homes
- 5 Debenhams, Liberty Centre, to permanently close
- 6 Pub owner 'drilled through cables' weeks before boy was electrocuted, court told
- 7 Covid 'past the peak' at Queen's and King George hospitals
- 8 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 9 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 10 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
But their joy was shortlived as Tooting hit back for a point in the 69th minute and a late red card for the visitors could not stop them holding on.