Romford rebound with win, Hornchurch held
Mixed fortunes for duo
Romford bounced back from their FA Trophy disappointment to beat Great Wakering 3-0 last night.
Boro, beaten 3-0 at Boreham Wood on Saturday, saw Paul Kavanagh net twice from the spot, while Dan Trenkel blazed a penalty over for Rovers.
Alex Read was also on target, with his eighth goal in six games, to help lift Paul Martin’s men back up to fifth in Ryman Division One North.
Hornchurch extended their unbeaten run to 10 games, but had to settle for a 2-2 draw against Tooting in the Premier Division.
You may also want to watch:
Urchins fell behind in the first half, but two goals in the space of three minutes turned the match on its head.
Jonathan Hunt levelled from the penalty spot on the hour and Lewis Smith quickly put Hornchurch 2-1 up.
- 1 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 2 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 3 Romford ‘best in region’ chef shares his cooking tip and favourite dish
- 4 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 5 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 6 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens charged with murder to face court
- 7 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 8 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 9 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 10 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
But their joy was shortlived as Tooting hit back for a point in the 69th minute and a late red card for the visitors could not stop them holding on.