Romford rebound with win, Hornchurch held
Mixed fortunes for duo
Romford bounced back from their FA Trophy disappointment to beat Great Wakering 3-0 last night.
Boro, beaten 3-0 at Boreham Wood on Saturday, saw Paul Kavanagh net twice from the spot, while Dan Trenkel blazed a penalty over for Rovers.
Alex Read was also on target, with his eighth goal in six games, to help lift Paul Martin’s men back up to fifth in Ryman Division One North.
Hornchurch extended their unbeaten run to 10 games, but had to settle for a 2-2 draw against Tooting in the Premier Division.
You may also want to watch:
Urchins fell behind in the first half, but two goals in the space of three minutes turned the match on its head.
Jonathan Hunt levelled from the penalty spot on the hour and Lewis Smith quickly put Hornchurch 2-1 up.
- 1 Man in hospital after falling 'from height' in Romford
- 2 Brentwood church rave: More than 130 images released in appeal
- 3 Romford cinemas announce reopening plans after lockdown
- 4 Woman dies after 'falling from height' by Liberty Shopping Centre
- 5 Former Lakeside Hammers co-promoter Jon Cook passes away
- 6 New Romford author speaks out about feeling 'invisible' as a black father
- 7 Hornchurch tie down manager Stimson with new two-year contract
- 8 Horses die after Upminster stables blaze
- 9 What is changing as lockdown eases on May 17?
- 10 London elections: Havering and Redbridge candidates make case for your vote
But their joy was shortlived as Tooting hit back for a point in the 69th minute and a late red card for the visitors could not stop them holding on.