Romford ready to meet landlords again
Aveley friendly rearranged for tonight
Romford will complete their pre-season programme with a rearranged friendly against landlords Aveley tonight (7.30pm).
The two sides were due to meet last Tuesday, but problems with the water pipes at Mill Field led to a postponement.
Boro boss Paul Martin will be keen to see his squad get another 90 minutes under their belts before the Ryman One North season gets underway, following their 5-1 defeat at Hythe Town on Saturday.
It was Romford’s first defeat of the summer, while Aveley celebrated a 4-1 win against Premier Division rivals Heybridge Swifts.
You may also want to watch:
Hornchurch, meanwhile, ended their preparations with a 1-0 home defeat at the hands of Maidstone.
All three local clubs have been handed away ties in the Ryman League Cup.
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 3 Case for release of Gallows Corner upgrade funds is in pipeline, TfL says
- 4 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 5 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for east London
- 6 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 7 120-home development on Harold Hill college site approved
- 8 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 9 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
- 10 Havering residents warned of weed which can cause ‘severe blistering’
Aveley visit Canvey Island, while Hornchurch go to Cheshunt, but Romford must wait to see who wins a first-round tie between Great Wakering and Maldon & Tiptree before making their travel plans.