Romford ready for return
Boro host Barking in cup tie
Romford return to action after an enforced break with an Essex Senior Cup tie against Barking tonight.
The Ship Lane pitch passed an afternoon inspection, following widespread snowfall in Essex this morning, to give Boro boss Paul Martin a lift.
His side will be looking to get their season back on track, having failed to score in their last three matches.
Boro were held to a scoreless draw by Waltham Forest, before losing at home against Ryman One North leaders Maldon (3-0) and high-flying Heybridge (5-0).
You may also want to watch:
And they have not seen any action since November 24, an 11-day absence.
This evening’s fourth round tie was postponed a week ago due to a waterlogged pitch and Romford then saw their weekend trip to Cheshunt frozen off.
- 1 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
- 2 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 3 Eight arrested on suspicion of murder following death of two teens
- 4 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 5 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 6 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 7 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 8 Disruptions to watch out for in and around Havering next week
- 9 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 10 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
Barking, meanwhile, are unbeaten in their last six Essex Senior League and ESL Cup matches, after a 1-1 draw with Barkingside at the weekend.
They beat Ilford 3-0 in the last round, just after former West Ham midfielder Alan Dickens resigned as manager.
Blues are captained by former Boro defender Ben Turner and their squad also includes Ricki Mackin, who has netted four times this season, and Scott Walsh.
If tonight’s tie ends level after 90 minutes it will go to a penalty shoot-out.
Hornchurch, Grays and Waltham Abbey booked their places in the quarter-finals last night, joining Chelmsford and Concord.
Brentwood’s home meeting with Colchester has been postponed this evening, while Hullbridge are due to entertain Southend next week.