Romford ready for Rangers test
Ryman League Cup: Romford v Concord
Romford boss Paul Martin is relishing tonight’s Ryman League Cup battle with rivals Concord at Ship Lane.
But he readily admits his priority is Boro’s Division One North campaign, following their stunning 6-3 win at Sudbury on Saturday.
Martin will rest several players this evening, with one eye on the weekend’s trip to Harlow.
But he expects the visitors to do the same and said: “A cup run is always nice to have but we’re concentrating more on the league.
You may also want to watch:
“If it was anyone else I would have different thoughts, but there is a bit of rivalry with Concord and I don’t want us to get rolled over.
“I will rest four, five or six for Harlow. We’ve got a few knocks here and there, but our squad is quite big and strong.
- 1 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 2 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 3 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 4 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 5 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 6 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 7 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 8 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 9 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 10 'Unexplained' Collier Row death 'not believed to be suspicious'
“We don’t want any more knocks but will Concord risk too much with Enfield Town in the Trophy on Saturday?
“I saw them at Dagenham last week (a 4-3 win in the Essex Senior Cup) and they’re big and strong.
“It won’t be boring, it never is and it would be nice to have a few more games to play a few more players.
“It’s horrible to say it, but you could get drawn away to Lowestoft in the next round and you don’t want to go through if it’s going to cost the club lots of money.”