Romford ready for Rangers test
Ryman League Cup: Romford v Concord
Romford boss Paul Martin is relishing tonight’s Ryman League Cup battle with rivals Concord at Ship Lane.
But he readily admits his priority is Boro’s Division One North campaign, following their stunning 6-3 win at Sudbury on Saturday.
Martin will rest several players this evening, with one eye on the weekend’s trip to Harlow.
But he expects the visitors to do the same and said: “A cup run is always nice to have but we’re concentrating more on the league.
You may also want to watch:
“If it was anyone else I would have different thoughts, but there is a bit of rivalry with Concord and I don’t want us to get rolled over.
“I will rest four, five or six for Harlow. We’ve got a few knocks here and there, but our squad is quite big and strong.
- 1 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 2 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 3 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
- 4 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 5 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 6 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 7 'Accident waiting to happen': Neighbours on 'traffic carnage' around school
- 8 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 9 Entry and exit wording on ground by Elm Park car park to be investigated
- 10 Havering parks retain Green Flag awards
“We don’t want any more knocks but will Concord risk too much with Enfield Town in the Trophy on Saturday?
“I saw them at Dagenham last week (a 4-3 win in the Essex Senior Cup) and they’re big and strong.
“It won’t be boring, it never is and it would be nice to have a few more games to play a few more players.
“It’s horrible to say it, but you could get drawn away to Lowestoft in the next round and you don’t want to go through if it’s going to cost the club lots of money.”