Romford rally to tame Foxes
Boro open account with derby win
Romford opened their account for the new season with a 2-0 win at Ilford yesterday.
After seeing his side lose their first three league and cup outings this term, Boro boss Paul Martin made nine changes to his starting line-up at Cricklefield Stadium.
And the moves paid off as Romford claimed the Ryman Division One North points against the Foxes.
There were chances at both ends in the first half, but Boro took the lead on 54 minutes when Jack Barry was pushed in the box and Hussain Isa netted from the penalty spot.
You may also want to watch:
The home side were reduced to 10 men in the process and Boro made them pay in injury time when Lewis Francis found Michael Summat, whose pass found Toran Senghore to curl home his shot.
Romford return to action with a home match against Wroxham at Ship Lane on Sunday.
- 1 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 2 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 3 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
- 4 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 5 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 6 Havering's MPs mourn fatal stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 7 'Accident waiting to happen': Neighbours on 'traffic carnage' around school
- 8 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 9 Havering parks retain Green Flag awards
- 10 87-room care home on Ardleigh Green college site granted permission
*Neighbours Hornchurch, meanwhile, had to settle for a point at Conference South rivals Billericay.
Sam Lechmere put Blues ahead on 12 minutes, but Urchins hit back midway through the second half as Leon McKenzie struck.
Jimmy McFarlane’s men had the better of the exchanges at New Lodge but could not force a winner and had to settle for their second draw in four outings this term.
They entertain Weston-super-Mare at Bridge Avenue on Saturday.