Romford rally for fine win
Hornchurch hopes Bury-ed
Romford returned to winning ways in Ryman Division One North with a 3-0 success at Chatham Town last night.
But Hornchurch slipped to a 1-0 home defeat against Bury in their Premier Division clash.
Boro were determined to make up for a below-par display in their 1-0 loss at Enfield Town on Saturday and took the lead after only 16 minutes.
Paul Kavanagh’s corner from the right was headed goalwards by Matt Toms, with Kurt Smith making sure in a goalmouth scramble.
You may also want to watch:
And the visitors doubled their advantage on the stroke of half-time when Chris Richardson’s shot was deflected into the net.
Chatham could not find a way past a determined Romford defence after the restart.
- 1 Police investigating 'unexplained' death in Collier Row
- 2 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 3 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 4 Reward offered to help find iconic Noak Hill Laurel and Hardy statues
- 5 Pooches delight as new dog-friendly playground opens at Collier Row pub
- 6 Plan agreed to tackle persistent flooding in Abbs Cross Lane
- 7 Apology issued after council error sees pupils' fee multiplied by 100
- 8 Can you help find missing teenager last seen in Hornchurch?
- 9 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 10 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
And Paul Martin’s men made sure of the points midway through the second half when Smith raced through to score.
Victory lifted Boro abvoe their hosts and into sixth place in the table ahead of their FA Trophy clash at Bedfont on Saturday.
But Hornchurch slipped one to sixth in the Premier after Daniel Cunningham’s goal earned Bury the points at Bridge Avenue.
It was only a second defeat in seven league outings for Urchins, who had beaten Wingate thanks to a solitary Rickie Hayles goal at the weekend.
Jimmy McFarlane’s men visit struggling East Thurrock next on Saturday.