Romford pupils get surprise visit from Paralympic athlete Jonathan Adams
Children at a Romford tutor group were visited by a Paralympic competitor recently.
Jonathan Adams, a Paralympics GB competitor in the seated Shot Put event, visited the Explore Learning group, which is based in Sainsbury’s in The Brewery.
Explore Learning provides English and Maths tuition to children aged five to 14.
Samantha Webb, Centre Manager at Explore Learning, said: “It was such a surprise. The kids absolutely loved it, they were all beaming.
“It’s wonderful that they can feel involved in something so topical and to meet a real life athlete.
You may also want to watch:
“We were all really excited to have him there and wish him luck.”
Sainsbury’s is sponsoring this years Paralympic Games and Paralympics GB.
- 1 Public detain male in street after alleged bid to rob Rainham shop
- 2 Romford school prepped for another 100 years as major renovation works end
- 3 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
- 4 Trust celebrating Hornchurch history opens new permanent heritage centre
- 5 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 6 Hospitality Hero: 'Biggest prize is appreciation,' says tearoom owner
- 7 Report found Town Hall response to alleged sexual harassment case 'disturbing'
- 8 Woman who struggled to walk with 'excruciating pain’ to run London Marathon
- 9 Hornchurch man to face trial accused of teeth whitening offence
- 10 Demolition 'will now begin' to make way for 120 homes at former campus
For more information about Explore Learning and their tuition services visit www.explorelearning.co.uk.