Romford pupil wins prize and swims with Olympic champion Becky Adlington
- Credit: Archant
A 10-year-old Romford pupil won an exciting opportunity to take part in a swimming lesson delivered by a four-time Olympic medallist.
Jack Hathaway, who attends Parklands Junior School in Havering Road, produced a prize winning design of his own swim hat and won a swim with Olympic champion Becky Adlington in Harold Hill.
Discussing her final decision, Becky said: "We received so many exceptional entries to the competition, but Jack's really stood out.
"It was so much fun to join him and the other children from Parklands Junior School for a swimming lesson in the fantastic pool at Central Park Leisure Centre."
Jacqui Tillman, group swim manager at Everyone Active, added: "We are delighted to be teamed up with Becky Adlington SwimStars to deliver school swimming lessons.
You may also want to watch:
"Being able to learn from such a decorated Olympian was a great opportunity for all the children, and it was fantastic to see them having such a great time in the pool."
- 1 Debenhams, Liberty Centre, to permanently close
- 2 Letters: Breaking bad news, boundary changes, lockdown and parking
- 3 De Rougemont Hotel plans to revert to being homes
- 4 Romford cancer patient describes impact of Covid pandemic on mental health
- 5 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 6 Havering Council looking for residents to become Covid marshals
- 7 Pub owner 'drilled through cables' weeks before boy was electrocuted, court told
- 8 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 9 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 10 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week