Romford primary school taken out of special measures
A Romford primary school has been taken out of special measures after its latest Ofsted inspection.
Staff at Crowlands Primary School in London Road are celebrating after the school was rated good in categories for leadership and management and behaviour and safety of pupils.
Acting Headteacher Hayley McClenaghan said: “We are delighted that the Inspectors recognised the great number of improvements in place since the last visit. The whole team have worked hard to embrace the new changes which have led to improvements in all our classrooms.
“We will now continue to embed these changes consistently throughout the school to continue our journey to becoming a good school.”
The school has also now been rated as “requires improvement” overall.
You may also want to watch:
This would have previously been a “satisfactory” rating but the school was one of the first to be inspected under Ofsted’s new framework.
The Ofsted report listed a number of strengths of the school including pupils achievement was continuing to rise and is above the national average; pupils are courteous, polite and friendly; and that the acting Headteacher and her deputy have led the school well through recent changes.
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 3 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 4 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Romford drama students to feature alongside celebrities in new WW2 film
- 6 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 7 Dagenham seal comfortable win over Hornchurch in pre-season
- 8 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
- 9 Havering residents warned of weed which can cause ‘severe blistering’
- 10 Primary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
The report stated: “Positive attitudes to learning are a feature of each classroom. Pupils are very polite towards adults and considerate of the concerns and feelings of others.
“The Headteacher provides strong, clear-sighted leadership and senior leaders have very high aspirations for the school and know the school well. Despite the many recent staff changes, senior leaders have used their substantial expertise to create a culture of continuous improvement.”