Romford Pictures: Havering Show 2014 - A tale of two days
- Credit: Archant
The Havering Show took place this weekend, and come rain or shine the Recorder was there to capture the event.
Sunday saw traders having a field day as a record-breaking number of residents flowed through the entrance of Harrow Lodge Park in Hornchurch.
While many may have been there to see headline acts Odyssey, The Beat and James Smith perform, it could also have been a case of knowing what mother nature had in store for the following day - and wanting to avoid the torrential rain that was promised.
And in the words of Monday’s headliner Alexander O’Neal, nobody could criticise the weather man’s predicition. Rain lashed against tarpaulin from the get-go on the second day, proving to be a turn-off for many.
Those that did brave the elements were treated to Tight Fit and Mr O’Neal, who raised spirits with their sets.
You may also want to watch:
Check out our gallery of pictures from the show by clicking on the link.
- 1 Shopkeepers and customers celebrate as Romford high streets reopen
- 2 Hundreds of shoppers queue outside Primark in Romford as restrictions ease
- 3 Neighbour’s fury as mountain of rubbish piles up outside cottage
- 4 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 5 Top Havering pubs open with beer gardens
- 6 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 7 BHRUT in capsule trial for detecting colorectal cancer
- 8 Elm Park pays tribute to Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
- 9 Five-year-old Ezra cycles 500km for charity
- 10 Four weeks' free parking for Havering shoppers as high streets reopen