Romford pair in serious bike crash on M25
A MOTORBIKE passenger is recovering after the bike she was on lost control on the M25.
The woman, in her 20s and from Romford, was riding pillion when the accident happened on the exit from the Dartford Tunnel coming in to Essex.
Her injuries were initially described as life-threatening and she, along with the male driver of the bike, also from Romford and in his 20s, was taken to Darent Valley Hospital in Dartford.
The woman’s condition has since stabilised.
Police are appealing for information about the crash, which happened just before 12.25pm on Friday, March 11. Officers were called to reports of a black and silver Suzuki GSX losing control.
You may also want to watch:
The right side of the tunnel was closed for more than three hours following the incident, causing huge tailbacks in both Kent and Essex.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at the Chigwell road policing unit on 0300 333 4444.
- 1 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 2 Town centre app launches to entice shoppers to Romford
- 3 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 4 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 5 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 6 Romford Tesco Extra plants trees to offset car emissions
- 7 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 8 Serial child sex offender jailed after found with 14,000 indecent images
- 9 Why Romford MP is allowed to keep names of donors secret
- 10 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering