Romford pair in serious bike crash on M25
A MOTORBIKE passenger is recovering after the bike she was on lost control on the M25.
The woman, in her 20s and from Romford, was riding pillion when the accident happened on the exit from the Dartford Tunnel coming in to Essex.
Her injuries were initially described as life-threatening and she, along with the male driver of the bike, also from Romford and in his 20s, was taken to Darent Valley Hospital in Dartford.
The woman’s condition has since stabilised.
Police are appealing for information about the crash, which happened just before 12.25pm on Friday, March 11. Officers were called to reports of a black and silver Suzuki GSX losing control.
You may also want to watch:
The right side of the tunnel was closed for more than three hours following the incident, causing huge tailbacks in both Kent and Essex.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at the Chigwell road policing unit on 0300 333 4444.
- 1 Woman, 52, dies in Collier Row in 'unexplained' circumstances
- 2 Teen hospitalised after being stabbed in Upminster
- 3 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 4 Boy, 15, was in 'life-threatening' condition after Upminster stabbing
- 5 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 6 What's happening on the roads and railways next week?
- 7 Romford school prepped for another 100 years as major renovation works end
- 8 Broken bus stop in Upminster to be repaired within 'few weeks'
- 9 Public detain male in street after alleged bid to rob Rainham shop
- 10 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds