Romford officers uncover huge gun stash
A cache of firearms and ammunition has been seized by a super-group of police, including Romford CID.
Local officers, along with the Met’s Special Intelligence Section (SIS) and the Territorial Support Group (TSG) raided two addresses last Friday (June 24).
Four shotguns were seized at a property in Grays and a further six firearm were found at another Grays home with approximately 100 rounds of ammunition.
These included three revolvers, one self-loading pistol, a .22 rifle and one sawn-off shotgun.
No arrests have been made yet but enquiries continue.
You may also want to watch:
Det Chief Insp Theresa Breen, from the SIS, said: “The SIS investigates some of the most serious offences involving organised criminal networks and I strongly suspect that these weapons would have been used in serious criminality.
“This is a great example of borough officers, TSG and SCD officers working together to make London safer by preventing weapons falling into the hands of dangerous criminals.”
- 1 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 2 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 3 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 4 Rainham robbery: Boy, 14, suffers slash injury
- 5 Complaint over elderly woman facing homelessness among those ombudsman upheld in 2020/21
- 6 Harold Hill neighbours still feeling effects of freak flooding
- 7 12 Estates: How is the regeneration programme progressing?
- 8 Covid-19: Latest figures show almost 31,000 positive cases in Havering
- 9 Plans submitted to install 5G mast near Gallows Corner
- 10 'It was amazing': Birthday surprise vintage bus tour for woman with Down's syndrome