Romford officers uncover huge gun stash
A cache of firearms and ammunition has been seized by a super-group of police, including Romford CID.
Local officers, along with the Met’s Special Intelligence Section (SIS) and the Territorial Support Group (TSG) raided two addresses last Friday (June 24).
Four shotguns were seized at a property in Grays and a further six firearm were found at another Grays home with approximately 100 rounds of ammunition.
These included three revolvers, one self-loading pistol, a .22 rifle and one sawn-off shotgun.
No arrests have been made yet but enquiries continue.
You may also want to watch:
Det Chief Insp Theresa Breen, from the SIS, said: “The SIS investigates some of the most serious offences involving organised criminal networks and I strongly suspect that these weapons would have been used in serious criminality.
“This is a great example of borough officers, TSG and SCD officers working together to make London safer by preventing weapons falling into the hands of dangerous criminals.”
- 1 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 2 Serial child sex offender jailed after found with 14,000 indecent images
- 3 Family of Harvey Tyrrell campaigning for stricter pub safety laws
- 4 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 5 Man jailed for drug offences and violent assaults in Romford flat
- 6 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 7 Memorial bench at hospital honours 'well-loved' medic
- 8 Petition launched by family of Harvey Tyrrell soars to 40,000 signatures
- 9 CCTV cameras to enforce new lorry ban through Rainham village
- 10 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears