Romford mum’s incredible SIX STONE weight loss
An overweight Romford woman who shed more than six stone after piling on the pounds following a difficult pregnancy has won a weight-loss award.
Sarah Pegnall, 30, used to tip the scales at more than 16st but is now a lightweight 10st and a dress size 8/10.
The mum-of-one began to comfort eat after giving birth to her daughter three years ago.
She said: “It was a difficult birth and then I was eating because I was bored, lonely and tired! I’d eat a whole family-sized chocolate bar and a pint of cola or Dr Pepper, just to get me through the 4am feed.”
Things reached a head when Sarah, who was by then a size 24, found she couldn’t fit into any of her clothes anymore.
You may also want to watch:
“I was going to make myself a dress but the pattern only went up to a size 22,” she said. “It kick-started me into doing something about the weight that had crept - I didn’t want to be the fat one in the family.”
Sarah joined Rosemary Conley’s online club for help and started using the dietician’s DVDs and magazines.
- 1 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 2 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 3 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 4 Brentwood deaths: Teen charged with double murder to appear in court
- 5 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
- 6 Men questioned and 200 hours of CCTV seized after boys killed in Brentwood
- 7 End 8am scramble to secure GP appointments, watchdog warns
- 8 East London police officer charged with rape
- 9 Post delays reported in Harold Hill as Royal Mail confirms staff shortages
- 10 ATMs to be reinstalled in shopping mall in 'more prominent location'
“It was the best decision I’ve made as I really needed that extra support,” added Sarah, who reached her goal weight in June 2012.
Exercise is also key for Sarah and as well as walking to work three times a week, she also works out at home, as well as taking part in Zumba classes.
Sarah has now scooped a Rosemary Conley Diet & Fitness Magazine Semi Finalist Slimmer of the Year 2013 Award.
Rosemary said: “Sarah has achieved a superb weight loss and, as well as gaining a fantastic new figure, she has improved her health and fitness levels too. Well done Sarah!”
Log on to www.rosemaryconleyonline.com for more information.