Romford MP Andrew Rosindell visits new Age UK shop
- Credit: Archant
Romford MP Andrew Rosindell visited a charity shop with a difference.
The recently opened Age UK shop in South Street combines the standard second-hand shop with an advice centre for the over-50s. Staff and volunteers run information sessions on benefits, social care, housing and local services. They also help with form-filling.
The shop is open seven days a week – 9am to 5.30pm Monday to Saturday, and 10am to 4pm on Sunday. Anyone interested in volunteering can call 01708 755 612.
For details about the advice sessions, which run on Monday, Thursday and Friday, call 01708 724 187.
Samantha Mauger, chief exec of Age UK London, said: “We’re very proud of Age UK London’s Romford hub, which brings the very best of Age UK products and services to the local high street.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Rosindell presented the shop with a picture of the Queen and took time to meet staff, service users, trustees and volunteers.
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 3 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 4 Case for release of Gallows Corner upgrade funds is in pipeline, TfL says
- 5 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for east London
- 6 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 7 120-home development on Harold Hill college site approved
- 8 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
- 9 Romford drama students to feature alongside celebrities in new WW2 film
- 10 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted