Romford MP Andrew Rosindell readopted as parliamentary candidate for 2015 election
Romford MP Andrew Rosindell has been formally readopted as the area’s Conservative Party candidate in the next general election.
The decision was made by a secret ballot of the Romford Conservative Association executive.
All 25 members present voted in favour of Mr Rosindell returning to fight the 2015 general election.
Chairman of the Romford Conservative Association Cllr Osman Dervish said: “It’s an honour and a pleasure to have him as our candidate.
“He’s shown over the past three terms his ability to work for Romford and his care and passion for the area.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Rosindell, 46, said: “I was delighted to be chosen by the Conservative Party to be their official candidate for the election.
“I’ve been the MP for nearly 12 years and I intend to ensure Romford remains Conservative.
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 3 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 4 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Romford drama students to feature alongside celebrities in new WW2 film
- 6 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 7 Dagenham seal comfortable win over Hornchurch in pre-season
- 8 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
- 9 Havering residents warned of weed which can cause ‘severe blistering’
- 10 Primary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
“I’m proud to represent Romford, being my home town, and hope to continue doing so for many years to come.”