Romford model competition starts this weekend
Do you have what it takes to rival Kate Moss or David Gandy? Then enter the Get into Fashion model search, now in its sixth year.
The Mercury Mall Romford competition is looking for those with a fabulous face and penchant for fashion to model some of the hottest new looks around.
Three scouting days will take place at the Mercury, starting on Saturday (August 25), as well as Saturdays September 1 and 8, from 11am to 4pm.
Fill out the entry form printed in this Friday’s paper, as well as in the coming weeks, and bring it with you.
The free competition is organised in association with the Recorder, Sandra Reynolds Model Agency, Truly Scrumptious Child Model Agency and Len Dance photography.
You may also want to watch:
Sarah De Courcy Rolls, deputy centre manger, said: “This is a great opportunity for all the local lads and lasses that think they might have what it takes but don’t know how to go about starting a career in modelling. It is a fun and easy step to getting your name in print and face in the press if nothing else! It’s free to take part and the experience is relaxed and exciting unlike other routes into modelling which can be pressured and sometimes risky”.
The finalists will receive choreography lessons, take part in rehearsals for the catwalk shows, and a professional photoshoot - all in front of model agencies.
- 1 Consultations open on rolling out school streets to 12 new sites
- 2 Coffee shop apologises for 'mis-post' offering kitten as Christmas prize
- 3 Future of bus route hangs in the balance as consultation ends
- 4 Man charged with multiple child exploitation offences to stand trial
- 5 Harold Hill 18-year-old given suspended sentence for ATM robberies
- 6 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 7 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 8 Christmas lights switch-on to return in Romford
- 9 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 10 BHRUT 'determined to learn' after inquest finds failures in pensioner's care before her death
This year, judges are especially keen to enlist more boys and men for the competition.
Some of the previous winners have gone on to model agency books, including Alyssa Ponton, six from Romford, who has appeared in Asda and Sainsbury’s campaigns.
The categories are: four to six; seven to ten; 11 to 15; 16 to 29; 30 years and over; and plus sizes. The pictures of all those scouted will be printed in a special Recorder feature on Friday September 21.
Readers can choose their favourites using voting forms printed in the paper.
The most popular and promising will be invited to a casting session on Sunday October 14, where 25 models will take part in fashion shows on Saturday and Sunday October 27 and 28.
An expert panel will then have the unenviable task of selecting the overall winners.
The finalists will also take part in a professional photoshoot during the shows, wearing the new season’s styles.
These pictures appear in a special double page fashion feature in the Recorder on Friday November 9.
One male or female contestant from across the adult categories will win a test photoshoot at Sandra Reynolds Model Agency.
For the four to 15 age categories, one boy or girl, will be awarded a year’s model placement at Truly Scrumptious Model Agency.
Each winner will also receive a share of �700 to spend at the Mercury.
All contestants under 16 years of age must complete the parental consent on the entry form before attending the scouting days.