Romford’s Mercury Shopping Centre celebrates wellness week with Wellgate Community Farm visit
- Credit: Archant
Shoppers were invited to pet some baby farm animals as part of wellness week at the Mercury.
Wellgate Community Farm brought a mixture of sheep, goats, chicken, guinea pigs and rabbits to the Mercury Shopping Centre in Romford.
Throughout the week the centre is being joined by Havering health ambassadors to highlight no smoking day and signpost general health advice.
Gemma Brooks, marketing and tenant liaison at The Mercury, said: 'It's crucial to be highlighting the importance of health and wellbeing as the majority of people lead busy lives and health is key to our everyday functioning and development.
'It's also great as a centre that we can help our customers to make healthier choices and as a health champion myself I understand that sign posting people can help them to understand what's available to them.'
You may also want to watch:
On Sunday shoppers were treated to a seated massage from therapist Mike Kelly and a relaxing art class with Havering artist Nigel Hubbard.
- 1 Letters: Breaking bad news, boundary changes, lockdown and parking
- 2 Debenhams, Liberty Centre, to permanently close
- 3 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 4 Romford cancer patient describes impact of Covid pandemic on mental health
- 5 De Rougemont Hotel plans to revert to being homes
- 6 British Gas engineers burn contracts at Havering Town Hall in defiance of 'sign or be fired'
- 7 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 8 Sadly, this isn't a funny column
- 9 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 10 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back