Romford mental health user group, HUBB publish a new book to celebrate 20 anniversary
A group that helps people suffering from mental health issues celebrated their 20 anniversary with the launch of a new book.
Called Recovery Is A Journey, it was published on Thursday August 4 by HUBB Mental Health User Group based in Romford Baptist Church as part of the milestone.
The book, which was published after a grant by the Big Lottery Awards is a collection of individual interpretations on the meaning of recovery from HUBB clients who are now able to have better control of their own lives.
The occasion also saw staff and users of the service meeting to celebrate.
The book will be used as a tool in their training courses to help people to cope with mental health issues.
You may also want to watch:
HUBB Mental Health User Group began 20 years ago as a charity to support people with mental illness.
The book is available from HUBB, for �15, for more information visit www.hubbmentalhealth.co.uk
- 1 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 2 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 3 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 4 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 5 Disruptions to watch out for in and around Havering next week
- 6 New social housing allocation system for Havering approved
- 7 Still no progress on plans for new health hub at St George's Hospital site
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Consultations open on rolling out school streets to 12 new sites
- 10 Family 'sleeps with one ear open' after repeated flooding in heavy rain