Romford mental health user group, HUBB publish a new book to celebrate 20 anniversary
A group that helps people suffering from mental health issues celebrated their 20 anniversary with the launch of a new book.
Called Recovery Is A Journey, it was published on Thursday August 4 by HUBB Mental Health User Group based in Romford Baptist Church as part of the milestone.
The book, which was published after a grant by the Big Lottery Awards is a collection of individual interpretations on the meaning of recovery from HUBB clients who are now able to have better control of their own lives.
The occasion also saw staff and users of the service meeting to celebrate.
The book will be used as a tool in their training courses to help people to cope with mental health issues.
You may also want to watch:
HUBB Mental Health User Group began 20 years ago as a charity to support people with mental illness.
The book is available from HUBB, for �15, for more information visit www.hubbmentalhealth.co.uk
- 1 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 2 One teenager dead in Harold Hill double stabbing
- 3 New venture for Hornchurch MasterChef hairdresser
- 4 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?
- 5 CCTV cameras to enforce new lorry ban through Rainham village
- 6 New rapid testing sites open in Romford and Upminster
- 7 'Beyond annoying' - New traffic measure coming to Hornchurch junction
- 8 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 9 UKIP vote from 2016 'significant' to Tory win in Havering and Redbridge
- 10 Three-year-old raises £10,000 with challenge inspired by Captain Tom