Romford match OFF
Tilbury pitch fails inspection
Romford’s Ryman One North clash at Tilbury tonight has been called off due to a waterlogged pitch.
Paul Martin’s men were looking to build on their 3-2 success at Cheshunt on Saturday, where Paul Kavanagh, Toran Senghore and Perry Burns were on target.
They will now hope to get the go-ahead to face Brentwood on Saturday.
Martin said: “I thought they might give it until three o’clock for an inspection.
You may also want to watch:
“There’s still eight-and-a-half hours til kick-off and they could hang on to decide as it’s a local derby.
“Hopefully the weather will stay dry now until the weekend and we can play Brentwood.”
- 1 Woman, 52, dies in Collier Row in 'unexplained' circumstances
- 2 Teen hospitalised after being stabbed in Upminster
- 3 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 4 Boy, 15, was in 'life-threatening' condition after Upminster stabbing
- 5 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 6 Romford school prepped for another 100 years as major renovation works end
- 7 What's happening on the roads and railways next week?
- 8 Broken bus stop in Upminster to be repaired within 'few weeks'
- 9 Public detain male in street after alleged bid to rob Rainham shop
- 10 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
Les Whitton resigned as Blues manager at the weekend and former boss Steve Witherspoon, now the assistant director of football at Brentwood, has stepped in to fill the role for the rest of the season.
Boro are set to visit Dulwich in the fourth round of the Ryman League Cup next Tuesday.