Romford match OFF
Tilbury pitch fails inspection
Romford’s Ryman One North clash at Tilbury tonight has been called off due to a waterlogged pitch.
Paul Martin’s men were looking to build on their 3-2 success at Cheshunt on Saturday, where Paul Kavanagh, Toran Senghore and Perry Burns were on target.
They will now hope to get the go-ahead to face Brentwood on Saturday.
Martin said: “I thought they might give it until three o’clock for an inspection.
You may also want to watch:
“There’s still eight-and-a-half hours til kick-off and they could hang on to decide as it’s a local derby.
“Hopefully the weather will stay dry now until the weekend and we can play Brentwood.”
- 1 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 2 Town centre app launches to entice shoppers to Romford
- 3 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 4 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 5 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 6 Romford Tesco Extra plants trees to offset car emissions
- 7 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 8 Serial child sex offender jailed after found with 14,000 indecent images
- 9 Why Romford MP is allowed to keep names of donors secret
- 10 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
Les Whitton resigned as Blues manager at the weekend and former boss Steve Witherspoon, now the assistant director of football at Brentwood, has stepped in to fill the role for the rest of the season.
Boro are set to visit Dulwich in the fourth round of the Ryman League Cup next Tuesday.