Romford man wins modelling competition
A Romford man has become the face of a brand for tall and big men after winning a modelling competition.
James ‘Jimmy’ Manning won the modelling competition for fashion retailer High And Mighty, which has a store in High Street,Romford.
Bob Cook, the manager of the Romford High And Mighty store said: “James is a fantastic bloke so I’m thrilled that he won the competition.
“He’s one of our regular-and tallest customers and I’m really happy that we were able to give him this special experience.”
The retailer who are famous for providing men with perfectly fitting clothing launched the competition for this year to use the men who wear their clothes to be the stars of their next campaign.
You may also want to watch:
Jimmy, who is 6ft 8in was chosen out of hundreds of entries.
As part of his prize, James was treated to a professional photo-shoot at a studio in London.
- 1 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 2 Rainham robbery: Boy, 14, suffers slash injury
- 3 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 4 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 5 Plans submitted to install 5G mast near Gallows Corner
- 6 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 7 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 8 Collier Row grandma crochets letterbox topper to 'make community smile'
- 9 Top activities in Romford this summer according to Tripadvisor
- 10 Romford's Jesy Nelson included in Little Mix display at Madame Tussauds
He also received a free suit, shirt and tie, which was presented to him by Romford High and Might store manager, Bob Cook.
Customers to the Romford store can see for themselves the results of James’ professional photo-shoot, as a life size cut out of James is now in store.
James said: “The shoot was a fantastic experience.
“I have to admit I was very nervous at first but soon got into it and ended up having a fantastic day.
“On a more serious note, being given a smart suit- one that actually fits me properly- couldn’t have come at a bettter time as I was unemployed until very recently and my new suit really did help me make a good impression in job interviews.”