Romford man dies after being hit by train at Goodmayes
A 35-year-old Romford man died yesterday afternoon (Sunday) after being hit by a train at Goodmayes station.
Ambulance crews were called at about 1.20pm to the station in Goodmayes Road.
A spokesman for the London Ambulance Service said: “We were called to reports of a person hit by a train. Sadly the person was already dead at the scene.”
An ambulance crew and a hazard response vehicle attended.
A spokesman for British Transport Police said: “The incident is currently being treated as non-suspicious and a file will be prepared for the coroner.”
You may also want to watch:
He added that the man’s family have been informed.
Did you know the man? Leave your tributes below or call the newsdesk on 020 8477 3796.
- 1 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 2 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 3 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 4 Brentwood deaths: Teen charged with double murder to appear in court
- 5 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
- 6 Men questioned and 200 hours of CCTV seized after boys killed in Brentwood
- 7 End 8am scramble to secure GP appointments, watchdog warns
- 8 Post delays reported in Harold Hill as Royal Mail confirms staff shortages
- 9 ATMs to be reinstalled in shopping mall in 'more prominent location'
- 10 Brentwood Halloween event cancelled following tragic deaths