Romford man critical following crash
A Romford man is seriously ill in hospital after a horror smash in Essex.
Police were called to Tollesbury Road, Tollesbury, at 3pm yesterday (Sunday June 19) after a red MG sports car and a silver Ford Mondeo travelling in the opposite direction collided.
The MG driver, a 50-year-old man, was taken by air ambulance to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge, with serious head injuries.
His condition is critical.
A 64-year-old woman, who was a passenger in the Mondeo, was taken to Broomfield Hospital, Chelmsford, with serious injuries.
You may also want to watch:
The collision happened on a bend between Tollesbury and Tolleshunt D’Arcy.
Anyone who saw what happened, or anyone who was on that road at the time and may have seen the vehicles prior to the collision, should contact Pc Alan Marks at the Central Road Policing Unit on 0300 333 4444.
- 1 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 2 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 3 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
- 4 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 5 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 6 Havering's MPs mourn fatal stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 7 'Accident waiting to happen': Neighbours on 'traffic carnage' around school
- 8 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 9 Havering parks retain Green Flag awards
- 10 87-room care home on Ardleigh Green college site granted permission