Romford man critical following crash
A Romford man is seriously ill in hospital after a horror smash in Essex.
Police were called to Tollesbury Road, Tollesbury, at 3pm yesterday (Sunday June 19) after a red MG sports car and a silver Ford Mondeo travelling in the opposite direction collided.
The MG driver, a 50-year-old man, was taken by air ambulance to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge, with serious head injuries.
His condition is critical.
A 64-year-old woman, who was a passenger in the Mondeo, was taken to Broomfield Hospital, Chelmsford, with serious injuries.
You may also want to watch:
The collision happened on a bend between Tollesbury and Tolleshunt D’Arcy.
Anyone who saw what happened, or anyone who was on that road at the time and may have seen the vehicles prior to the collision, should contact Pc Alan Marks at the Central Road Policing Unit on 0300 333 4444.
- 1 Reward offered to help find iconic Noak Hill Laurel and Hardy statues
- 2 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 3 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 4 Pooches delight as new dog-friendly playground opens at Collier Row pub
- 5 Police investigating 'unexplained' death in Collier Row
- 6 Plan agreed to tackle persistent flooding in Abbs Cross Lane
- 7 Apology issued after council error sees pupils' fee multiplied by 100
- 8 Gidea Park events planner hopes to host summer community festival
- 9 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 10 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford