Romford Library receives special painting from ‘Chinese Vibes’ artist Debby Kirby
The Oriental-influenced painter who is currently exhibiting her works at Romford Library is offering classes in Chinese brush work.
Debby Kirby, 51, will signing people up at the library’s “Chinese Vibes” display until next Monday (October 22). Anyone interested in attending a class is encouraged to visit.
Meanwhile, Debby has donated a special painting to the library encouraging youngsters to read. The inscription states, “read many books to enrich your mind,” and depicts an elderly Chinese man with a book, surrounded by small children.
“My work is centred around Eastern philosophy,” said Debby, “and created with the simple tools of Chinese ink, watercolours and authentic hand-made brushes.
“The principle behind this form of art is the ‘chi’, or energy, that passes between the artist or creator and the raw materials.”
You may also want to watch:
The exhibition is free.
- 1 Consultations open on rolling out school streets to 12 new sites
- 2 Coffee shop apologises for 'mis-post' offering kitten as Christmas prize
- 3 Harold Hill 18-year-old given suspended sentence for ATM robberies
- 4 Future of bus route hangs in the balance as consultation ends
- 5 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 6 Man charged with multiple child exploitation offences to stand trial
- 7 Romford MP slams Crossrail delay as it will miss Queen's platinum jubilee
- 8 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 9 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 10 Christmas lights switch-on to return in Romford