Romford Library receives special painting from ‘Chinese Vibes’ artist Debby Kirby
The Oriental-influenced painter who is currently exhibiting her works at Romford Library is offering classes in Chinese brush work.
Debby Kirby, 51, will signing people up at the library’s “Chinese Vibes” display until next Monday (October 22). Anyone interested in attending a class is encouraged to visit.
Meanwhile, Debby has donated a special painting to the library encouraging youngsters to read. The inscription states, “read many books to enrich your mind,” and depicts an elderly Chinese man with a book, surrounded by small children.
“My work is centred around Eastern philosophy,” said Debby, “and created with the simple tools of Chinese ink, watercolours and authentic hand-made brushes.
“The principle behind this form of art is the ‘chi’, or energy, that passes between the artist or creator and the raw materials.”
You may also want to watch:
The exhibition is free.
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 3 Case for release of Gallows Corner upgrade funds is in pipeline, TfL says
- 4 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 5 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for east London
- 6 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 7 120-home development on Harold Hill college site approved
- 8 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 9 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
- 10 Havering residents warned of weed which can cause ‘severe blistering’