Romford letting agent to tackle highest lakes in the British Isles
A Romford scuba diver is preparing to take on the highest lakes in England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales all in just 48 hours.
Shane Farnham who works for Bairstow Eves in South Street, ROmford is set to compete in the mammoth challenge called the four peaks in aid of Help For Heroes on October 6 and 7 next year.
Shane said; “I am really excited about the challenge.
“It’s going to be a lot of hard work but I think it is the least I can do to help those who go out and fight for our quality of life.”
The challenge is set to see Shane, 38 and 17 of his friends diving the highest lake or bodies of water in Northern Ireland, Scotland, England and Wales, all in 48 hours.
You may also want to watch:
This includes Lough Atona in Northern Ireland, Loch Coire An Lochan in Scotland, the Red Tarn in England and the Ffynnon Lloer in Wales.
He said: “It is a really big challenge, but I feel that I am doing soemthing for a charity that I am passionate about and for a cause that I know is right.”
- 1 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 2 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 3 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 4 Brentwood deaths: Teen charged with double murder to appear in court
- 5 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
- 6 Men questioned and 200 hours of CCTV seized after boys killed in Brentwood
- 7 End 8am scramble to secure GP appointments, watchdog warns
- 8 East London police officer charged with rape
- 9 ATMs to be reinstalled in shopping mall in 'more prominent location'
- 10 Brentwood Halloween event cancelled following tragic deaths
Shane came up with the idea of the challenge a couple of months ago as an extension of the three lakes diving challenge by TV presenters Monty Halls and Andy Torbet.
The group are now looking for companies and individuals to sponsor them and they are also appealing for material and equipment which they still need.
Shane said: “We still need a lot of help.
“We need things like boots just to get through it and people to just sponsor us.”
All the money raised from the event is set to go to Help For Heroes where it will be used to help rehabilitate injured servicemen and women.
Shane said: “I think the work these servicemen and women do is amazing.
“They go out and fight in the wars for our freedom and without any reward,”
To sponsor Shane and the group visit 4peaksdivingchallenge.co.uk