Romford let slip again
Late goal denies Boro victory
Romford were left to rue conceding another late goal as their Ryman One North clash with Wingate ended in a 1-1 draw last night.
Ben Turner had given Boro, who had the better of proceedings, an 80th-minute lead from the penalty spot, after Paul Clayton was fouled.
But the visitors hit back with four minutes left through David Laird to earn a share of the spoils.
A last-minute goal had denied Boro victory at Enfield Town a week earlier, but they remain in seventh place, four points adrift of a play-off place but with five games in hand on Maldon & Tiptree.
You may also want to watch:
Maldon provided friendly opposition for Hornchurch last night, meanwhile, and ran out 3-1 winners.
Jonathan Hunt netted Urchins consolation goal.
- 1 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 2 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 3 Weekly Covid cases across east London revealed
- 4 Deep clean of Havering aims to get streets 'back to how they should be’
- 5 Mum opens Romford juice van to offer healthy snacks and drinks for kids
- 6 'Gentle giant' driven propped up on van's floor with serious head injury, inquest hears
- 7 'Cover up or terrible mistake?': Family told hostel death inquest will not take place
- 8 Gidea Park school to celebrate 100th birthday
- 9 Hornchurch pub licensing meeting postponed due to 'possibly prejudicial' email
- 10 Hornchurch man ‘lucky’ for rare disorder diagnosis, thanks to junior doctor