Romford let slip again
Late goal denies Boro victory
Romford were left to rue conceding another late goal as their Ryman One North clash with Wingate ended in a 1-1 draw last night.
Ben Turner had given Boro, who had the better of proceedings, an 80th-minute lead from the penalty spot, after Paul Clayton was fouled.
But the visitors hit back with four minutes left through David Laird to earn a share of the spoils.
A last-minute goal had denied Boro victory at Enfield Town a week earlier, but they remain in seventh place, four points adrift of a play-off place but with five games in hand on Maldon & Tiptree.
You may also want to watch:
Maldon provided friendly opposition for Hornchurch last night, meanwhile, and ran out 3-1 winners.
Jonathan Hunt netted Urchins consolation goal.
- 1 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 2 Serial child sex offender jailed after found with 14,000 indecent images
- 3 Family of Harvey Tyrrell campaigning for stricter pub safety laws
- 4 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 5 Man jailed for drug offences and violent assaults in Romford flat
- 6 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 7 Memorial bench at hospital honours 'well-loved' medic
- 8 Petition launched by family of Harvey Tyrrell soars to 40,000 signatures
- 9 CCTV cameras to enforce new lorry ban through Rainham village
- 10 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears