‘Tonight is the night!’: Romford Greyhound Stadium to reopen fully refurbished Coral Stand after £10m overhaul
- Credit: Ralgreen Architects
This evening will see hundreds of people from across Romford and the wider London area flock to Romford as the town’s greyhound stadium fully reopens after a £10million refurbishment.
Back in March last year Ladbrokes Coral Group, which operates the stadium in London Road, said it would be giving the venue a complete overhaul.
Work began in May 2018, and included the demolition of the Main Stand to create more than 100 car parking spaces, a modernisation of the reception area and office building and a new track that was put down in September.
A Coral Ladbrokes spokeswoman told the Recorder: "Tonight is the night! Friday September 6 officially sees the mayor open the £10m refurbishment to the public where they can enjoy a brand new stand and track.
"The new stand, 'The Coral stand', boasts new bars, tote betting facilities, snack bar and restaurant, The Paddock.
You may also want to watch:
"In The Paddock restaurant you can dine every Friday and Saturday for £35 per person on a three-course a la carte menu.
"If a carvery is more your thing then The Pavilion restaurant is available to serve you at just £27.50 per person.
- 1 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 2 British Gas engineers burn contracts at Havering Town Hall in defiance of 'sign or be fired'
- 3 Letters: Breaking bad news, boundary changes, lockdown and parking
- 4 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 7 From the town hall: The fight against Covid-19 continues in Havering
- 8 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 9 Heritage: How greyhound enthusiast's 1960s betting coup failed
- 10 'A tax on relationships': Politicians criticise boundary charge proposal
"Don't miss out tonight as a raffle at just £2 a ticket or 6 for £10 is on offer for a chance to win a car worth over £7,500 kindly supplied by Tony Levoi, Romford.
"Runners up will either win a 55inch TV or a meal for 4.
"You only stand a chance of winning by buying a ticket on the night.
"Not only will there be the excitement of the long awaited opening but it is also Champion Stakes Final night, just 35 seconds to win £10,000, exciting times at Romford Greyhound Stadium!
"The stadium now has an increased capacity of over 1,600 people after running at a capacity of just 350 whilst works took place.
"Secure your tickets for a celebrational night at Romford Dogs tonight by calling 01708 773 444 and selecting option 2."