Romford Greyhound Owners’ Association greets Havering Mayor Cllr Lynden Thorpe and receives cheque from Asda Romford
Mayor of Havering Cllr Lynden Thorpe opened a new kitchen for the Romford Greyhound Owners’ Association.
Cllr Thorpe attended the North Ockendon kennels, on Ockendon Road, for the RGOA’s open weekend on Saturday October 6.
Several greyhounds found new homes at the event, which the association’s Graeme Turner described as “in all, a very good weekend”.
Asda Romford also presented the association with a cheque for �200, which was raised through its Community Life scheme.
If anyone is interested in homing a greyhound please contact the kennels on 01708 640895.
You may also want to watch:
“They do make lovely pets and do not need a lot of exercise,” said Mr Turner.
- 1 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 2 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 3 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 4 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 5 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 6 ‘It is our moral obligation’: Upminster school launches mental health team
- 7 Kem Cetinay’s Array restaurant to host Halloween 'ball'
- 8 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 9 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 10 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?